Station problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Station problem

Post by infected1989 »

I made a station, which provides 2 ores. So, 2 trains are using this station. The problem is, both of the trains will follow the red arrow (see attachment), instead of using the 2 green ones. How can I change this, so that they won't wait for a particular part of the station? (Since it's not the first time I've seen it happen, but I never changed anything there because the trains barely encountered eachother)

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

1 word: pre-signals

Look around on the ottd or ttdpatch wiki.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
WJP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WJP »

you have to make the entrance signals double way signals
:D
Aliens Ate My Railway
infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by infected1989 »

WJP wrote:you have to make the entrance signals double way signals
:D
Thanks, that worked.

@Darkvater: I'm not sure what pre-signals are, but assuming I'll need a patch, I don't know how to install those. (I only have OTTD now, no other patches))
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

that's why I said to read the wiki (manual). pre/exit/combo-signals are also in ottd, just use CTRL+click on a signal once it is built to cycle them. But it's all in the wiki :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by infected1989 »

Yeah, I'm reading it, but it's sort of hard to translate stuff which is english, when being dutch. (For me, anyway) If I install the patch, it says it can't find gamegfx.exe. The manual only says it's probably the wrong version, but I'm running it on windows anyway. I also don't exactly know which version is the best to download, what they mean with all the 'ttdpatch -W ttdpatch.cfg' stuff, which you should type in DOS, I assume? Then there's the other stuff, adding/making the vehicles stuff, and other stuff. It freaking confusing if you don't understand what people are talking about...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

arghhhh

TTDPatch and OpenTTD are two different things
1. TTDPatch is just a patch (a very good one at that with a million options) for TTDLX.
2. OpenTTD is a TTDLX clone.

The two are not interoperable. I just directed you to the ttdpatch wiki because the workings of pre/etc. signals are the same.

Perhaps reading this might help a bit: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... s/968783/0 :)
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

two things: openttd rocks, and so do pre-signals.. once i learned how they worked, they revolutionised my stations!! :D
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by infected1989 »

I haven't figured out how they work exactly, but I'm trying. (I read about them, but I still didn't understand it completely, I'm trying it in the game now, maybe that's easier)
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

isn' this a bug thought?:

[quote]you have to make the entrance signals double way signals [/quote]?

I noticed it myself a while ago, but for some reason didn't think anything of it.

However, you have one set of behaviour with double signals, and another set with one-way signals. Both should do the same (seeing as I certainly prefer the behaviour of the double signals in this case).

Or has this already been reported? (toddles off to sf.net)

edit: doesn't look like it's ben reported. so am about to do it.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Moriarty, that's feature-not-bug. Two way signals cause the train to choose the (first?) green signal. One-way signals cause the train to chose the correct (after 15? square look-ahead) direction, even if it is red and there are other directions with green signals.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”