OTTD + Patch

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

OTTD + Patch

Post by infected1989 »

I installed OTTD on my computer, and now I want to install the TTDpatch. But where should I download it, and which file? And where should I unzip it to? After installing it, it says that it can't find the gamegfx.exe file, altough I do install the Windows version. What am I doing wrong?
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

:D you don't need to install The Patch for Ottd. Ottd contains already most of the features of the patch, plus many many more.

Celestar
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

It is either:
1. OpenTTD or
2. TTDLX + TTDPatch

not mixed :).
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by infected1989 »

Okay, thanks. But is there any way to get around the bugs? Everytime I build an airplane, it's invisible and crashes the game.

Eh, I found out how to change the year, 2100 just doesn't work. But in 2050, is there any way to keep building normal trains? I don't like the monorail and MagLev...
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

Currently the year is limited to 2090. But why do you want that year anyway when playing rail only?

Can you please attach a savegame and openttd.cfg file of the crashing game? What Platform (OS/CPU)

For ever-lasting engines set "never_expire_vehicles = true" in the [patches] section of openttd.cfg

Celestar
infected1989
Engineer
Engineer

Post by infected1989 »

Because I was trying to get the patch installed, it got deleted, but I'll post it here if it happens again.

Why I wanted that year? To see if things like these were possible. It won't be any fun to start in 1950 if everything you build is going to be replaced.

Last, since I'm able to get locomotion, should I wait for that or continue playing this one? I only want to know which is better/more fun etc.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

infected1989 wrote:It won't be any fun to start in 1950 if everything you build is going to be replaced.
erm, I think you're going about this wrong. Updating your network to make use of the latest and best is 90% of the game.
infected1989 wrote:Last, since I'm able to get locomotion, should I wait for that or continue playing this one?
Yes.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”