Very Disappointed in the Game -- a few questions

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

huntsterunc
Engineer
Engineer

Very Disappointed in the Game -- a few questions

Post by huntsterunc »

I have never seen a newer version of a game get worse in gameplay. This one def does in my opinion. Its a billion times harder now to build track and maintain trains...

now the questions...

Once you get a bunch of trains and busses and things...is their a easy way to repurchase non-reliable vehicles? Seems a pain once you have 50 trains or so to have to keep checking to replace them and there is no servicing at all!

Anyway to drag and drop track?

Any easy to install mods out there that make gameplay better?

I thought this game was so bad...I played about an hour and then went back to TTD... :(

Thanks for any help!!!

Hunt
Bloopy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bloopy »

Well there's the No Breakdowns Mod, which nicely backs up your files when it installs, and can uninstall too. It saves a lot of wasted time replacing vehicles. If you just want to replace vehicles less often, you can use this one.
Kinda bored of Locomotion already :x
Seriphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seriphyn »

i can't believe people are finding this game bad just because of TWO gripes. Also, people are rating this game low because of what it DOESN'T have and not what it DOES have.

But the No Breakdowns mod improves the game by several points. But I find the one which makes the reliability downgrade slower more realistic. With the No Breakdowns, it takes away the point of replacing the train with newer models.
huntsterunc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huntsterunc »

yea...the no breakdowns mod did help shine a better light on the game...

I probably just didnt give the game a chance...I'm still playin it...

Still dont like the track layin...my mouse says OUCH!
Bloopy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bloopy »

Seriphyn wrote:i can't believe people are finding this game bad just because of TWO gripes.
I could list quite a lot more than two gripes, but I still think Locomotion is a great game that has improved from Transport Tycoon. Perhaps what I like best is that track and station building is more flexible, but that creates the gripe that you can't get to your track to edit it when the competitor builds all over the top.
Seriphyn wrote:With the No Breakdowns, it takes away the point of replacing the train with newer models.
No it doesn't, you still want the newer models because they're faster and have more capacity.
Kinda bored of Locomotion already :x
Roger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roger »

Even in TTDX, with servicing the maximum reliability gradually declined. But the decline in Loco is too rapid, agreed. Vehicles seem to have a working life of about ten years, and I think IRL they lasted longer than that.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”