No vehicles, trains, planes

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

leto2
Engineer
Engineer

No vehicles, trains, planes

Post by leto2 »

I dowloaded the new version openttd-0.3.4-win32.exe and want to test it but when i start a new randow game i get now trains, vehicles, ships, planes.

The KI get no trains etc, too.

If i load a old savegame (Version 0.3.3) then i have trains etc. even under 0.3.4

How can i play a new random game with trains under 0.3.4 ?

Kind regards,

leto2
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Do you have that weird game saved? Please post the savegame here.
leto2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by leto2 »

no problem. for testing i downloaded the last nightbuild and tested this, but the same effect.
Attachments
Osnastadt Transport, 3rd Sep 1922.sav
This is with OpenTTD r403b(2004-10-07)
(84.16 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Indeed, nothing is here. But it´s because you are in 1922. Try to start your game later or wait some years. (I tried to cheat - when I was in 1929 everything was OK) The first locomotive is Kirby Paul Tank - in 1925, the first ship is from 1926, and plane is in 1928; MPS Regal Bus around 1930. I hope I´m not wrong :).
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I was going to suggest to start at a later date even before I saw your savegame :). But Hadez is right. You need to start later if you want to have any vehicles. Unless of course you just want to calmly look over the landscape for a few years ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Hadez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hadez »

Or you can use some of graphic sets - I´ve heard about one with old trains (but I don´t know its name and it doesn´t have to work because the newgrf support isn´t complete).
Dudu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dudu »

It's true, the wagons start to appear around 1920, and if you play with the DBset (DBsetXL doesn't works) you got one train in like may of 1920, but just some wagons, so it isn't so useful, I started playing at 1921 without problems
Joker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Joker »

I saw different problem - if you start very early you get no trains and vehicles - that's OK. But AI opponents don't "realize" that there are no locomotives available and are trying to build railways although they have nothing to put on them.
But I think I noticed this problem in previous version od OTTD, so if it is already fixed, just ignore this. Thanks

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”