Bugs that are really frustrating

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Bugs that are really frustrating

Post by vinaximus »

:( :cry:

I played the latest version for two days and got addicted to it.
I built complex train networks (not as complex as ttd anyway), and started to earn more than 900,000 (game value) per year.
Now the frustrating bugs start:

-Some signals turn red: for no reason (signals also go red, when a train is send to depot. When I try to demolish that signal, the game crashes.
- Life would have been easier, if the signals were built on center of a square, rather than at the end.
-When I demolished a part of a track to re-position or update it, and a train came to the end of the demolished track, I had to use the (x) feature to remove the train.
-I use PAK128 graphics, and the locos are quite imbalanced. some imbalances are
-The running cost of electric engines are even higher than those diesel and steam locos. On top of that the maitenance cost of overhead wires add to the cost.
-There are not enough engines of max speed 70, of different horsepowers. Most of them are steam. Actually, 70 speed engines are most common in the game because most of the commoditites have lower speed bonuses

Due to frequent crashes, I had no idea but to restrat playing again from beginning.

I request the developers to give higher priority to fix existing bugs, than adding new features (becuase features is something that this cool game already have)
Good day building rails
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

reagrding the problems of the 128x128 pixel object set, please contact Tomas Kubes the maintainer of that set. I think he doesn't read this forum.

http://128.simutrans.com

The signals. Which Simutrans version do you use exactly? Latest is 0.84.16.2
Signals usualy don't become red for no reason. There always is a reason if something happens.

Can you give me a step-bystep description how to let a signal become red when it should be green? Only if I an reproduce the problem I can fix.

Return to “Simutrans”