I have finaly decided to join TEmpire. (presentation)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

I have finaly decided to join TEmpire. (presentation)

Post by Zuu »

Most of you probably recognize me, since I have been around here at the forum since summer 2003. I have been on some meetings, posted some suggestions. But since I have worked with another simular project I have not identified myself as a member of this project. Now however I have stopped my own project, and want to join the development of TEmpire fully.

My programming biology:
I learned my first programming language (Visual Basic) for 5-6 years ago. 2.5 years ago I worked with my first bigger project: a family project to write a settlers game for the computer. 2 years ago I started with C++ and Direct X 7 (2D). 1 years ago I started to work with my now stopped project junctioneer. 0.5 years ago I ported it to Gnu/Linux and SDL. Last 1/2 year I've spent on the core and the interface of junctioneer. Due my lack of planing I have reconstructed the windowing system serval times.

I stopped my previous project becurse I realized that it would never be finished before I got bored with it. Also in a bigger project we can specialize on what we likes/know more about. I dont have to master every peace of the program. And honestly I have been here around and reading/discussing on the forum since I joned the forum. Wanted to join but also wanted to compleete my own project.

I have always loved play TTD and the idea for my previous project came from what I liked most of all in TTD: creating super complex junctions.

Now I am on my last year of the Swedish gymnasium. After that I either work one year or goes directly to the university.

I have no experience of 3D programming, and my graphics card sucks. (will buy a new computer summer 2005) I would be happy if my wasted hours of hacking with the interface in my previous project can be in any use here.

(Sorry for the long post.)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Hurray more devs!
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Welcome on the team then!

Has your modem arrived yet? Perhaps it would be nice if you had some input for the upcoming meeting. :)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I will be home at my parrents house (with 2.5 Mbit) this weekend. If im not wrong the meeting is on sunday, right? At sunday I will sit on a train when the meeting is.

My modem has not yet arrived, what I know. I'll call the computer store on monday.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Meeting is on Saturday. I think ...
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

You're right. I'll be there if Im home then.

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”