A couple of bugs...

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

heppers
Engineer
Engineer

A couple of bugs...

Post by heppers »

The company value in the company info window if your cash is more than £2 billiion then the company value either goes slowly down or is instantly negative. Can this be fixed to reflect the true value?

Also i have a bridge that is some 98 squares long and in 2044 it cost me about -£7,000,000 so i got paid to build something when it should have cost me money.

Also whats the limit to the number of industries?
I have about 90 in my game (2069) and it wont let me fund any more???

Cheers TIA

PEDRO
TKOC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TKOC »

I up this topic because I have the same problem with the company value.

It is not a real problem, I know that my company is big and my money don't suffer of this problem but I notify.

Seems to have a limitation of ¤4,294,967,295 before the company value become negative :

2^32 ?
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

The current variable to contain your amount of money is 32 bits long. This can hold a maximum value of 4294967296.... There is a maximum amount of allowed industries too yes.. also a maximum of one industry type per town... You can change the maximum amount of industries only in the source... but the one industry type per town can be changed in the patch options. As for the money problem... I suggest you just go nuts on the "fund new buildings" for a couple towns... there's no fix for it other than changing A LOT of code.
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

You guys got a savegame for me?
I don't have such a game.

And please in the future: "Read the what to do when you find a bug" on the top, and submit a bug to SF with savegame/screenshot :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
TKOC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TKOC »

Oups... Next time I will make post on Sourceforge instead of up an old topic :D

I upload a game to your try.

}T{Reme [Q_G] > Thanks for your explanation. I know some games with this kind of hard coded limitation (Mankind...) but now I have a confirmation.
But this is only a company value problem, not money (ouf !), so it is not a important bug.

In my game, I have 13 billions but a company value of ± - 3,8 billions.

Concerning the bridge problem, I thank too for a very long bridge, but in fact this problem seems appear only when we reach a price level because I try with a ± 70 square bridge (useless, only to try) : Some bridges have a real price, but not the silicon bridge, the more expensive :

And I received effectively the money. Bridge limit to 16M ?
Attachments
TKOC Corporation, 18 Jul 2046.sav
(159.63 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

You can still post a bug on SF.

In fact, it would be much and much better!! There is a much better overview there for bugs then to try and browse through these forums.
Last edited by Darkvater on 13 Sep 2004 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
TKOC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TKOC »

I do a report on SF but of course there is a problem.

I am sure at 100% that I joined my savegame, but the report say No files Currently Attached... I write the link to this topic at same time, so it is not completely lost because this topic has a savegame :)
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Problem is fixed in SVN (both bridge and company value)

What not is fixed, is the graph. It simply can not handle 64-bit integers, and I see no easy way to fix that. Maybe someone else can do it.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Graphs are also fixed.
Attachments
Yes, also the -3.755K there is fixed, I just didn't have a picture of that.
Yes, also the -3.755K there is fixed, I just didn't have a picture of that.
company-value.png (36.56 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
TKOC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TKOC »

Thanks for all, I just see that in the 0.3.4.

The graph need to wait one or two months to be updated correctly.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Yes, since in the old situation your company was valued at 4 billion, it can only update the new ones, whre the real value will be 13 billion. It will work out just fine :)

If you click on the the 'Key' icon, you can enable/disable player's graphs. That resorts the scale now, so not all companies will be at the '0' line :P

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”