An idea for a logo

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

PDsiRF wrote:
Darkvater wrote:I was trying to make transparent background icons from these pictures, but it's not going too well. It would be great if you could also supply the alpha channel with these PNG's so proper icons can be made...if you don't want to do them yourself, of course :)
hm... i thought i included it, maybe its your icon-software? psp messes up .png images with alpha (it saves them ok (i think), but when loading it screws the alpha), but windows preview shows that theyre ok.
I use Photoshop. When loading those files, all I get are RGB channels and a white background, no Alpha channel information of any kind, or as far as I can see it.
I mean not for icon editing, but just opening them.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

plah..i dunno.. i downloaded iconworkshop and i made few icons with it, so far so good. alpha works fine from .png-file. windows picture-viewer does not support alpha in icons but works fine on desktop.

and btw: who said those were monorail-trains on those images? (darkvater did but nobody should believe him :wink: )
it wasnt me..
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

and now for something completely different
Attachments
true evil
true evil
iivil.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
it wasnt me..
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

:P :shock: ? Interesting....
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
mdhowe
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by mdhowe »

PDsiRF wrote:and now for something completely different
That looks VERY cool
PDsiRF wrote:
mdhowe wrote:I added some text for the wiki logo, let me know what you think.
imo, that its little out of style, i mean.. it glows like radiated fish in closet.
I'll have to agree with you on that one, but I did think it looked quite good at the time :?
I do like the font though and since no one else is putting up any ideas regarding text I made a few more.
Attachments
not too bad
not too bad
ttd_b5.png (77.16 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
a bit bright, but my favourite
a bit bright, but my favourite
ttd_b4.png (80.13 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
this ones a bit dull
this ones a bit dull
ttd_b3.png (78.27 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
"Set fashion, not follow. Spit vitriol, not swallow" - Marilyn Manson
ConductorBob
Director
Director

Post by ConductorBob »

Green is best, color of cash.
Cephalaspis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cephalaspis »

My votes goes for ttd_b3.png.
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

I miss a jumbo jet flying overhead. :(

In case it is unclear:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/606057/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/617501/M/

Celestar[/url]
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Cephalaspis wrote:My votes goes for ttd_b3.png.
same..
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

With all due respect, I don't really like the busses and trains going in totally different directions. It looks kinda awkward and undynamic. I like the trains/trucks/whatever going around the globe.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

Darkvater wrote:With all due respect, I don't really like the busses and trains going in totally different directions. It looks kinda awkward and undynamic. I like the trains/trucks/whatever going around the globe.
thats more like a question of taste.. but i made one new pic
Attachments
how about this
how about this
v3745.png (37.36 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
it wasnt me..
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

I like the stuff going around the globe, as do a few other people. I don't really like that text at all though - I am not sure why, I just don't think it fits with OTTD. I like the green / blue colours best, but I think they would be better in a gradient.

The vehicles and trains going out do look good, but I don't think they look quite right. Good work though otherwise. :D

EDIT:

Noooo! What are you doing removing all the attachments. :x :P
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

lucaspiller wrote:The vehicles and trains going out do look good, but I don't think they look quite right. Good work though otherwise. :D

EDIT:

Noooo! What are you doing removing all the attachments. :x :P
im being nasty 8)

the reason vehicles not looking right might be the renderer camera lens wich is very wide angle, so it stretches objects and it gives more depth. (i did that on purpose, because it gives me good vibes... :lol: )
it wasnt me..
mdhowe
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by mdhowe »

okay, these are the last wiki suggestions I will subject you too, unless PDsiRF decides on a different image. I used several different fonts this time.
Attachments
okay
okay
ttd_b8.png (76.84 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
this font looks nice
this font looks nice
ttd_b7.png (77.64 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
not sure about this font
not sure about this font
ttd_b6.png (82.92 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
"Set fashion, not follow. Spit vitriol, not swallow" - Marilyn Manson
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

ok, heres 5 icons. i made them couple of days ago but theyll do for a while. ill be staying of the net for couple of weeks / days / months, ill might upload new ones, if i care to make em.

edit: winxp preview-software does not show the alpha channel correctly but the icons should work fine.
Attachments
TTD Icons v3.rar
icon sizes are 128,96,72,64,48,32,24 and 16 ^2
(370.8 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
it wasnt me..
nzhook
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nzhook »

Where did the previous attempts go :( Is this so that we cant say no I like the old one?)

Anyway,
I agree on the different directions, I know I suggested it, but it wasnt quite implemnted the way I thought, I was thinking more of the train going around the world (like the original) with the trucks coming out from under them toward the user. face first, no real side view)

Dont really like any of the texts so far (except for that one there was no alpha availble for :) ) they remind me too much of a default setting from the GIMP's script-fu plugins. What about also having the OpenTTD text on the trucks and trains, or would that look too out of place?
PDsiRF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PDsiRF »

i have returned.

do you still need icons? i havent touched those icons since.
it wasnt me..

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”