Express routes?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

EEW
Engineer
Engineer

Express routes?

Post by EEW »

I'm trying to get a train to be "local" for part of its route and "express" for another part of the route, but can't figure out how to do this. (I'm pretty sure this was possible in TTD, so I'm assuming it is possible in this game.) Here is what I'm trying to do: The train is on a single line with a 2-coal stop at one end, a 1-coal stop in the middle and a power plant on the other end. I want it to go express to the 2-coal stop then finish filling up at the 1-coal stop then go to the power plant. On local, it stops at the 1 coal stop twice. On express, it doesn't stop at the 1-coal stop at all. There is probably an easy answer...
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

How can it stop at it twice? On it's way to the 2-coal and on the way back? If thats the case, just give it a track that doesn't go through the coal the first time.
EEW
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EEW »

Yeah, I can work around the problem by building an alternative bit of track around the coal-1 station and putting a waypoint on it, I think. I just wondered if there was an easier way.
mlw_1550
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mlw_1550 »

Try to make one of the orders "route by" the station you don't want your train to stop. Do this by clicking twice in the station. Does it help?
Or you can post your savegame here, and we'll try to solve it :)
That's CP 1564, a Montreal Locomotives Works built locomotive
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

You can also try making the train express and giving it an explicit order to stop at the first stop on the way back.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”