Nighty Builds not working anymore

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FlipFlipsen
Engineer
Engineer

Nighty Builds not working anymore

Post by FlipFlipsen »

Hello,

Since the last few weeks, nighty builds do not work anymore on my computer.
I get a lot of bad screens, and also a lot of errors.

The fast forward button for instance is not good, and if I go to Cheats (Ctrl-Alt-C), I got a wavy screen. (the Cheat is not working anymore since the last 2 nighty build).

I attached a few screens, with the errors.
Attachments
Screen3.jpg
Screen3.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
Screen2.jpg
Screen2.jpg (281.44 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Screen1.jpg
Screen1.jpg (25.79 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
worldofklaus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by worldofklaus »

which newgrfs do u have activated? because on the 3rd screen it looks like there are the wheels of a steam locomotive instead of the fast forward button. I have the same problem (using Mac), since a few days it doesn't accept any more new grf's, it just crashes or causes graphics bugs...
FlipFlipsen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FlipFlipsen »

These were the newgrf I loaded.

[newgrf]
0 = dbsetw.grf
1 = newshipsw.grf
2 = cargosetw.grf

Now I deleted them from the cfg file and the testversion is working again.

Thank you very much.
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

I don't know what exactly happened, but newgrf has been completly broken and it looks like it'll be a while before it gets fixed.
Mystic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Nighty Builds not working anymore

Post by Mystic »

FlipFlipsen wrote:Hello,

Since the last few weeks, nighty builds do not work anymore on my computer.
I get a lot of bad screens, and also a lot of errors.

I attached a few screens, with the errors.

I'm having a hard time to run the last few nightly builds as well, so I just jumped back down to version Ottd0.3.3 until it gets straightened out.

I've gotten the same errors as you have, plus a few more regarding language packs, which I only use one and only have used the one, English. Eventually I can get it to work after pressing "Ignore" about 6 or 7 times, and then the sound doesn't work right, it cracked and hissed for a bit, and cut out altogether. (It's only a nightly build, so it's no biggie), but when I chose the landscaping tool, the game crashed to the same message as Screen #3.

I only upgraded to the nightly build so I could try out the rusty tracks option, but I suppose I'll wait until the next beta version of OpenTTD is released.
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

Oh yeah, forgot to say it, for me, the sound effects work but there hasn't been any music for a few days.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

dbset is not supported at all by nightlies
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Mystic wrote:I only upgraded to the nightly build so I could try out the rusty tracks option, but I suppose I'll wait until the next beta version of OpenTTD is released.
I am sorry, but the nightly build doesn't have rusty tracks. You are using some user-made version; we cannot be held responsible for that.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

Mystic wrote:I only upgraded to the nightly build so I could try out the rusty tracks option, but I suppose I'll wait until the next beta version of OpenTTD is released.
As darkvater wrote, rusty tracks aren't incuded yet, because many things has to be done to it... Check the topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9293
ConductorBob
Director
Director

Post by ConductorBob »

Well I'm using 31 i beleive, and I'm having that every time I go from full zoom in, to zooming out if I click the zoom out button twice. It just twaaks out and freaks.

Return to “General OpenTTD”