IRC Meeting 31-07-2004 2000 GMT (2200 CET)

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

eXinion
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eXinion »

Hey Guys, I'm really sorry, but I won't make it to the meeting this weekend, and I don't have any time to add the ideas to the FRD.... I'll try to do them next week, but I can't promise anything...
oliver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oliver »

Hellfire wrote: And about blender files: to be honest, I don't think that any other 3d modelling program than Blender itself can export .blend files. (Prove me wrong, please)
But does it matter what other users can export? It sure is handy if they can save blender models, and it's what we strongly would recommend, however the only person having to deal with this would be the persons in charge of the graphics dept. He has to open and verify the files anyway, do some minor adjustments maybe etc etc. We can't just say, oh nice jpeg of your model, yeah we'll use it as is.
So the persons who have the final say over the art import in blender and save it as a .blend : ) problem solved. And if 3ds files etc are so easy to work with, the import filter should be just as good in blender. Because any problem blender has with importing 3ds or other formats has, we are gonna have too.

Topic locked, minutes are processed (09112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”