i think i got this game working on 2k/xp

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Gurluas2000 wrote:grr... then help me changin graphic.
There was a topic in the graphics forum about this: some people wanted to make a graphics set containing the TTO graphics.

EDIT: I can't find it... :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Purno wrote:
There was a topic in the graphics forum about this: some people wanted to make a graphics set containing the TTO graphics.

EDIT: I can't find it... :?
is this the topic you're talking about? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5206
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Mek wrote:is this the topic you're talking about? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=5206
Yes, thx.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

oh yes id really wished it was released... it was exactly that i wanted. + 1930 vehicles.

and its abbandoned :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Gurluas2000 wrote:oh yes id really wished it was released... it was exactly that i wanted. + 1930 vehicles.

and its abbandoned :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
If you can find some people that want to work on it...
Image Image
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

beside i want openttd mod becuz i want big maps.
I jsut said how ... use grfcodec to extract GRF files, edit PCX files ... there are topic about that (also STICKY one ... just search for it :roll: )
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:I jsut said how ... use grfcodec to extract GRF files, edit PCX files ... there are topic about that (also STICKY one ... just search for it :roll: )
(re)coding is not easy. you'll need to make/change nfo files for this set, isn't it? :?
Image Image
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

well for vehicles yes ... for replacing non-moveable things it can be even an EXE file with replacement but for GRFs nfo files are required ... everything how was/is explained in many topics
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

i d understand it... thats why i need a team tha can make me an opentto or jsut a tto patch.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

For those of you who don't want to register for DOS BOX

DOS BOX SourceForge Site.

And get the lastest version. (61 now...)

I know but, I don't want to register to a forum I'll never use again.

ALL I WANT

Is to have the old style monorails back.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Lakie wrote:ALL I WANT

Is to have the old style monorails back.
Try my Hi-speed bridges from Dinges' site.

You can mess with the approaches to make them TTO-style as well if you want.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

I'm trying to do the chippie without company colours
Attachments
side view only!
side view only!
chippie.PNG (2.35 KiB) Viewed 8169 times
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

do this and the other missing vehicles for ttd and il be eternal grateful.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

ok. which one after the jinty
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

look into graphic/[abandoned] transport tyoocn original deluxe
mouve
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mouve »

Fine... the game works with dosbox 0.61 and d-fend. During the first try I got kicked three times but now the game works fine without any kick, but quite jerking (it's running with some short breaks not longer than 300 milliseconds - estimated value). In my opinion the reason for this is the game's sound handling which I cannot control neither optimise with the configs. Anyone got an idea? Next thing I'm going to try is to check my configs whether there are some strange entries due to d-fend (a handmade config is always better :o)

Oh, I should mention that, too: I have a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024, which, compared to the game, is quite new. What are the best settings in the game installation, also as to sound quality? I don't really know much about this stuff but I remember that, when I had installed my old Soundblaster AWE 64, the midi music sounded a lot better than with my prior Soundblaster card -- my current sound card should support AWE, too, and I'd like to hear that "AWE-improved" music and not the squeaky "AdLib"-stuff :o)

Would be great if someone could give me a hint.

EDIT: I experienced another problem using Linux: When I start the game with DOSbox, as soon as I click, my mouse pointer hides in the lower left corner of the screen and refuses to ever return from there. As the game is unplayable without a mouse, I have a problem. What is the reason for this? A mouse driver is installed with my config.

2nd EDIT: On Windows, sound is no problem anymore -- I found out I had to choose the correct MIDI hardware in the control panel (o:
devilish_saint
Engineer
Engineer

Post by devilish_saint »

so tto works with dosbox 0.61
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Well, this is my story: I tried to run TTO under Dosbox, but it runs too slow, even with minimum details. Maybe I have slow machine (Celleron 1,2 MHz, 256 MB SDRAM, 6VIA5T SB, Vinix Xabre 400 64 MB DDR), maybe I didn't configured Dosbox well, but I decided to keep together TTO and TTD and made grfs form TTO. Go to TTD Graphics: there are Hereford Lion bus and TT Original railway locos :wink:
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”