How about a "moon" climate ?

A TTD clone that was under development. Development has now been stopped.
Stylesjl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Stylesjl »

You could genearate oxegen using plants and feed plants carbon dioxide by burning stuff

So yup im thinking realism :twisted:
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Stylesjl wrote:You could genearate oxegen using plants and feed plants carbon dioxide by burning stuff
What do you burn? Carbon based compounds (eg. wood)
What do you burn it with? Oxygen
Net oxygen producion: 0 te/y
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

You don't produce your carbon dioxide by burning stuff but by collecting that which the inhabitants of the colonies have produced.
In other words there is a complete cycle of oxygen/carbon dioxide, if the oxygen producers/ hydroponics also produce food for the colonists (which contains the carbon.)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I don't really like this idea.
Stylesjl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Stylesjl »

well it is the year 2100 so more things are possible

About a fusion reactor (no waste, hydrogen powered) to produce oxegen (and other elements) and energy

Actually wait a minute fusion doesn't break down elements :?
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Fusion reactors only create Helium from Hydrogen. If you want to create Oxigen with them you won't get a very high output.
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

Arathorn
using fusion reactors to produce materials involves producing them from their compound via energy intensive electrolysis method, not producing the atoms directly. Although this would have to be combined with an efficient hydroponics oxygen recycling system, many metal ores are oxides, so the oxygen produced during the extraction could be used to top up the oxygen supplies in the habitable areas.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

If I have to follow your explanation, where's the fusion?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

as for me ... moon climate also is possible in TTD (worse if you need to change some names though) ... so simple suggestion to TTU to be able to change names easly with extra graphics etc ...
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Fusion reactors only create Helium from Hydrogen. If you want to create Oxigen with them you won't get a very high output.
Hydrogen contains no neutrons therefore cannot make anything neuclearly. Helium or heavier is required to make oxygen.
so the oxygen produced during the extraction could be used to top up the oxygen supplies in the habitable areas.
VERY good idea! :idea:
as for me ... moon climate also is possible in TTD (worse if you need to change some names though) ... so simple suggestion to TTU to be able to change names easly with extra graphics etc ...
really? industries? thought about that? hmm?
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

BobXP wrote:
Hydrogen contains no neutrons therefore cannot make anything neuclearly. Helium or heavier is required to make oxygen.
Read this Einstein: ;) :roll: http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/ ... l&edu=high
Stylesjl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Stylesjl »

Okay so what is the programmers final word?
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Well, I'm not the programmer, I just wanna tell you how you can generate oxygen.
1) Polar ice-caps on Moon: H2O + electricity => hydrogen and oxygen.
2) SiO2. That can also be separated. And Moon is made of silicates.

Is that enough? And then you can plant trees in greenhouses and so on. Realism? Yes!
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
TBOT
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by TBOT »

I'm afraid I still have to dissapoint you all.

Of course, such a feature could be nice, I don't deny that. But still, it's a transport game, made to resemble TTD. I'm sure you could understand that a double-map (cuz that's what it's all about really) feature is not high-priority for us.

First we want to make TTU work, and even after that there will be nicer features to implement than this I guess.
Last edited by TBOT on 18 Jan 2004 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

Maybe th ideas in this thread should be moved to the TTDPatch graphics topic, as bein on the moon would make a good replacement for the toyland graphics set.
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

There's already a Mars-set for that...The Moon-thingy would be another sort of issue, it's not a different climate, but more like...like SC4's regions.
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

I like the idea, but I think it should be Mars, not the moon. My first reason is simply that we already have some graphics to work with, so its less work, beyond that, a transport network is much more likly on Mars, given the planet is much larger and has much more potential for colinization.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Your post: 2 July. Previous post, 7 January. So tell me: are you genuinely blind, or merely stupid? ;)

Return to “Transport Unlimited”