Vision is far too far

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Vision is far too far

Post by Petaja »

I'm working with 1280*1024 resolution.
This causes, that my closest view to the map is same as farest in a normat TTDX.
Playing is not fun anymore. Is there any other solution to this than changing PC resolution every time when it feels like gameing?
(I'm not going to get 100 yard plasma TV :shock: )
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

Just take 1024x768, I have a 15.1i UXGA lcd monitor (with native resolution of 1600x1200) and 1024x768 fullscreen is the perfect resolution for it.

Do you have a lcd monitor?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

You could play Full-Screen. Select a reasoneable resultion, and press alt+f or alt+enter. If you are using windows, you could also press CTRL+D to have everything double the size..but that looks a bit ugly imho.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Petaja »

OK. Every solution seems to be, that I have to lower my everyday resolution for the game. That would'nt be problem if this same computer would'nt be also my workstation, the tool I'm making my everyday bread.

Maybe it's better to stay in orginal....
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Petaja wrote:OK. Every solution seems to be, that I have to lower my everyday resolution for the game. That would'nt be problem if this same computer would'nt be aso my workststation, the tool I'm making my everyday bread.

if you run openttd in fullscreen, it will change the resolution for you to whatever you want, and change it back also... so what's the problem?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Mek wrote:
Petaja wrote:OK. Every solution seems to be, that I have to lower my everyday resolution for the game. That would'nt be problem if this same computer would'nt be aso my workststation, the tool I'm making my everyday bread.

if you run openttd in fullscreen, it will change the resolution for you to whatever you want, and change it back also... so what's the problem?
Exactly :). The original is even worse. Either 640x480 windowed mode on your desktop of 1280x1024 (horrible), or 640x480 fullscreen. At least in OpenTTD you can do 1024x768 fullscreen if you fancy that.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Petaja »

Mek wrote:if you run openttd in fullscreen, it will change the resolution for you to whatever you want, and change it back also... so what's the problem?
That would be nice, but i can't figure it out where to switch it to full screen mode :oops:
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Petaja wrote:
Mek wrote:if you run openttd in fullscreen, it will change the resolution for you to whatever you want, and change it back also... so what's the problem?
That would be nice, but i can't figure it out where to switch it to full screen mode :oops:
Darkvater wrote:You could play Full-Screen. Select a reasoneable resultion, and press alt+f or alt+enter.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”