Vehicles

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Vehicles

Post by MT3269 »

Is there any way to extend vehicle life when using bigmaps?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Congratulations, you are the first one to post a totally inappropiate topic in the Development Forum. :roll:

Topic moved to suggestions
Trainskier1406 wrote:Is there any way to extend vehicle life when using bigmaps?
As bigmaps are not yet planned in the short term; focus now is on fixing bugs, I don't think it will be done in the near future.

But why would you want that? Old vehicles have low reliability, are slow, cost a lot, and are bad for your ratings. With the 'autorenew vehicles'-patch, old vehicles are automatically renewed when they reach a certain age, so I see no problem there.

Unless of course you have a really pressing and valid issue as to why let vehicles have infinite lifetime :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

I can hope, that in "Bigger maps modificator" won´t be only bigger maps, but also lower running cost, time will go slower etc...
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Darkvater wrote:Congratulations, you are the first one to post a totally inappropiate topic in the Development Forum. :roll:

Topic moved to suggestions

But why would you want that? Old vehicles have low reliability, are slow, cost a lot, and are bad for your ratings. With the 'autorenew vehicles'-patch, old vehicles are automatically renewed when they reach a certain age, so I see no problem there.

Unless of course you have a really pressing and valid issue as to why let vehicles have infinite lifetime :)
Their reliability would be higher until they near their new age limit.

And I never said infinite lifetime. In real life ,a lot of vehicles like freight locomotives or trucks don't have a limit on their age but depending on their age or how they were built they can last quite a long time.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Trainskier1406 wrote:And I never said infinite lifetime. In real life ,a lot of vehicles like freight locomotives or trucks don't have a limit on their age but depending on their age or how they were built they can last quite a long time.
There is no age limit now either. The game just warns you that the vehicle has extended it's maximum reliable age, and suggests you replace it. If you don't, that's up to you.
Only reliability will go down pretty fast, and running costs are increased.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

G0RR3 wrote:I can hope, that in "Bigger maps modificator" won´t be only bigger maps, but also lower running cost, time will go slower etc...
oh no ... it is already way too easy to be very rich
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”