Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tmesisbob
Engineer
Engineer

Second Hand Vehicles

Post by tmesisbob »

Howdy,

Not sure if anyone has come up with this concept before.

When a newish vehicle is sold, perhaps due to a surplus of requirements, it could be placed on the 'second hand' market. That way compnaies can purchase several older, but less reliable, vehicles at cut cost in order to cheaply set up an operation. You could use such cheap and cheerful vehicles to start a rivalry with someone, or to 'test the water' for a new potentail service upgrading if required later.

This concept mainly applies to road vehicles, but could be extended to the others.

Ideas and comments welcome!
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

and how it works? like the tavern in Warcraft 3 where an hero is generated randomly and you hire it?
in single player the AI when buy a vehicle, use that vehicle until it dies under a train or the game ends and in multiplayer it isn't a good idea to wait the competitor that renew all his vehicles
fantux
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fantux »

IMHO making money in TTD is so easy, that there is no need for cheaper vehicles. Personally, I have never had any problem to buy the most expensive most state-of-the-art vehicle available.
DjArcas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DjArcas »

fantux wrote:IMHO making money in TTD is so easy, that there is no need for cheaper vehicles. Personally, I have never had any problem to buy the most expensive most state-of-the-art vehicle available.

If the 'new' vehicles started off horrendeously expensive, and dropped over 5-10 years to a sensible price, that would make second hand loco's much more attractive. As it is, by the time the TMI comes around, I just upgrade every loco I have to it, without even seeing a dent in my bank balance.
The largest multiplayer games in the world - ever.
http://www.projectorgames.net

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”