what a surprise for a ttdlx fan

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

hazard
Engineer
Engineer

what a surprise for a ttdlx fan

Post by hazard »

hi.

ok first of all i´d like to thank everybody that makes this quite old game everytime better to play by releasing patches and new stuff.
and recently i discoverd a link from drexlers page to http://www.patagonia.de.vu/ttd/ .. and the new stuff and screenshots i saw there were incredibile. i really think these things should be involved in a upcoming new patch. maby in v2.0 :) most i was impressed by the electrified junctions, the new ports and buildings.. please someone makes it possilbe to download this for puplic use :)

thank you so far haz
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi Hazard and welcome

i know what you mean !!!
But be patient, the new stuff will be added when it's done !
It could be next week, month, year ??? Who knows, come round from time to time and you will see
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Mati
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Mati »

spaceman-spiff wrote: It could be next week, month, year ??? Who knows, come round from time to time and you will see
TDD fan faces if it was released next:
WEEK :shock: :D :bow:
MONTH :P :wink: :roll:
YEAR :cry: ;( :evil:
Regards from Argentina,
Mati Vivaldi :mrgreen:
hazard
Engineer
Engineer

mmh

Post by hazard »

yea i say. why not next week.. is has only to be put in an patch downloadable for everyone. these guys should not sit on there made stuff.. i want it, i need it... ;)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

"Only"? Only??

Do you have even the slightest idea just how much work it is to do this stuff?

Of course you don't.

So don't go asking for me to do more than the wondrous miracles I am already doing, mkay?

I'm not "sitting" on it, I'm working hard.

Currently, I'm spending about 3-4 hours every day on TTDPatch. So I hope you don't mind if I'm offended by your comment.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Josef is right, I told you to be patient

So people, no more such replies here, if you see what amout of time he spends on his hobby, we should be gratefull

Especially all the fine things he's adding lately, just look at the graphics, now everyone can use his own created vehicles
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I strongly agree with the patchman - It takes a helluva lotta work to make a patch, its not just a "drag and drop" type thing, it involes lots of codes and stuff - be happy with what the patch gives you (to do this, i forced myself to play the original transport tycoon (not deluxe) for a while, then transport tycoon deluxe (no patch), then FINALLY i played it with the patch, and i was better able to appreciate it (instead of "wow - cool" it became "OMG this is amazing stuff!")

And for all of you who know Westwoods Red Alert - I used to make some seriously complex patches for that, my best one was "Tiberium Moon" which took place at the same time as Tiberium Sun (at the time, not relesed), and it was well liked, but took me about a year of testing and retesting and constantly updating - the end result was worth it.

Now lets all stand up and give all those who work on TTDPatch and TTDAlter a standing ovation because of their HARD, UNPAYED work, and not accuse them of sitting on their asses all day long.

Thankyou for letting me get that off my chest (My fingers hurt from typing now so i'll stop right now)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I can olny agree with Raichese.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Well it took me a while to read it all, but i have to agree too !

:D

Return to “General TTDPatch”