Dos 1.9 - No mono trains on conversion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Dos 1.9 - No mono trains on conversion

Post by Robert Raymond »

I used the handy-dandy convert function last night to leap into the monorail age. All the tracks switched over, but the trains did not. Stranger, they kept running. I had to send them all to depots and swap 'em out one at a time. Laborious, but not nearly as laborious as changing all my track would have be, so I am grateful for that.

Still, I was wondering if anyone hasn't seen this yet.

As mentioned, Dos in 1.9 (so sez the manual, at least).
Bluevoss-
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I never really thought that swapping the engines was part of the switch. The train engines are "mysteriously" rebuild to suite the monorail track. You can think of them being sent to depot where their wheels and axes are replaced for whatever makes the monorails ride. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robert Raymond »

It sez in the docs that all the trains would be converted, too, lest they blow up. They didn't blow - they just kept running.

I can live with it. Like you, I figure it represents the transition era between two-rail and mono. And it pays to route them all back to the shed to swap them. Even though I can use the old cars, I get less cargo in each.

Its still a LOT better than the old way. I used to dread that.
Bluevoss-
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It's always been this way, as far as I know.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Yes, the trains' undercarriage is converted. Otherwise, you'd have to send them to depots before making the track conversion, and then sell them in the depots, sell the depot, buy a new depot, buy the new trains and halfway through get so sick of it that you start a new game.

Anyway...

The funny bit is that the undercarriage conversion, as I wrote it, actually makes the Cht: Tracks a bit more expensive than a manual conversion would be, because I'm adding 10% to the price of a new engine, to account for the work that has to go into converting the engine.

There you go, now we can start hosting a TTDPatch Jeopardy or something :)
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

lol, jeopardy, something like: 'Did you know that ... !' or 'Who can tell me how ... ?'

Anyway, you're right about the track conversion, but it's a pity you can't convert the locs ...
J/K J/K I know it's impossible :D
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “General TTDPatch”