Bigger Maps 0.3.1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

StarLite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StarLite »

I keep getting "No available language packs" errors :(
When I put the lng files in the main dir I get "Invalid version of language packs" errors. anyone else got the same problems?
soundman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by soundman »

StarLite wrote:I keep getting "No available language packs" errors :(
When I put the lng files in the main dir I get "Invalid version of language packs" errors. anyone else got the same problems?
language files should be in the 'lang' directory. This changed somewhere between 0.3.0 and 0.3.1. Graphics files were moved to the 'data' directory.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

nothing was changed about the lang files.
you need to have a the updated 0.3.0 version of the language .txt files, then compile those using strgen, and copy those to the same directory as the ottd files. (this is in the manual)
Basje
Engineer
Engineer

BiggerMaps for OpenTTD 0.31

Post by Basje »

Hi there,

just curious: do you have an ETA for a new Bigger Map? A new version based on the OpenTTD 0.31? I have no idea howmuch work it will take to do this, but I will be eagerly waiting for it.

Groeten,

Bas
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BiggerMaps for OpenTTD 0.31

Post by Korenn »

Basje wrote:Hi there,

just curious: do you have an ETA for a new Bigger Map? A new version based on the OpenTTD 0.31? I have no idea howmuch work it will take to do this, but I will be eagerly waiting for it.

Groeten,

Bas
I'm not going to make a new version, it takes a few days of work to get everything properly done each time.

Bigger maps will be in the official release at some time in the future, but that may be months for all I know ;)

If you want the 0.3.1 features you'll have to do it yourself I'm afraid.
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

fair enough, it didnt look like the sort of addition you could just slap in no worries ;)
BJB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BJB »

Korenn wrote:
Basje wrote:Hi there,

Groeten,

Bas
I'm not going to make a new version, it takes a few days of work to get everything properly done each time.

Bigger maps will be in the official release at some time in the future, but that may be months for all I know ;)

If you want the 0.3.1 features you'll have to do it yourself I'm afraid.
Thanks for your biggermap version, its the only reason why I play openttd instead of patchedttd. I think the biggest miss atm is building while paused (its in 0.3.1 openttd now), even with diagonal being so easy to build it takes a while to build a railnetwork. If you or someone else just could add that feature I would be very happy.

I'm abit suprised bigger maps isnt going to be in the official release since it adds A LOT to the gameplay and cannot be done in ttdpatch (give people a choice between 2 features instead op copying).
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

BJB wrote:Thanks for your biggermap version, its the only reason why I play openttd instead of patchedttd. I think the biggest miss atm is building while paused (its in 0.3.1 openttd now), even with diagonal being so easy to build it takes a while to build a railnetwork. If you or someone else just could add that feature I would be very happy.

I'm abit suprised bigger maps isnt going to be in the official release since it adds A LOT to the gameplay and cannot be done in ttdpatch (give people a choice between 2 features instead op copying).
np, I made the feature for myself, so why not share it.

you can use the svn to see what needs to be changed for the build while paused option, and you could use that to implement it yourself.

bigger maps is not in the current official version not because they don't think it's worth it, but because they want to make it dynamic (as in optional), and that will take weeks or months of work ;)
SergeS
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Crash

Post by SergeS »

I try to build tunnel - games crach and i got error about
landscape.c:60 GetTileSlope....
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i can't even install it for some f*** up reason so... is there any chance of them bridges becoming graphically updated so their improved heigth ratings are also visually noticable?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
worldofklaus
Engineer
Engineer

bigger maps on Mac OS

Post by worldofklaus »

is there any way to get those bigger maps on MacOS X?

I mean, the files are win32 executables, aren't they? Not 2 sure if I can still somehow open/install them, but I wouldn't know how...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: bigger maps on Mac OS

Post by Bjarni »

worldofklaus wrote:is there any way to get those bigger maps on MacOS X?

I mean, the files are win32 executables, aren't they? Not 2 sure if I can still somehow open/install them, but I wouldn't know how...
either you find a source somewhere and compile it yourself or you wait for OTTD to official support this. I will not start to work on a fork
I have plenty to do already

Return to “General OpenTTD”