Futurama landscape style

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Nero Wolfe
Engineer
Engineer

Futurama landscape style

Post by Nero Wolfe »

Is it possible to change or even create new landscape styles? If so, then here's my idea: Look at my avatar, be mezmarized, you've watched it, you can't unwatch it! Futurama landscape style (using the Futurama buildings). Now since I'm in Linux so i dunno if i can make it, or the graphics for that matter. Any takers?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes it is theoretically possible. It has never been done because it would be such a staggeringly immense amount of work. I tried to start an East Asia project to get a complete set with Asian buildings, industries, trains, etc. It choked and died; recently it was restarted as a less-ambitious pure trainset. When the trainset is released, we may decide to try to work on the rest of the Japanese environment. But first, the trains.

I doubt a Futurama environment would get enough support for the staggering amount of work required. There is a Mars environment, is that close enough? Or, you could start there and just turn things grey instead of red.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

I think this is a brilliant idea, i would help with this as much as i possibly can. i may start looking into this sort of thing, but as Krtaylor says its a large amount of work. im gunna see what i can do

Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Official TT-Ellen Page FanClub
Official TT-Hayley Williams FanClub
Official TT-generic yet cute emo woman FanClub
jonty-comp wrote:I accidentally wedged my frigate between some rocks. D:

Return to “Graphics Development”