Question about road vehicle graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Karl
Engineer
Engineer

Question about road vehicle graphics

Post by Karl »

Hi all,

Just a question about something I've wondered about as of late. Are there any plans by MB or any other graphics designer to revamp all of the bus graphics?

I know George has made a road vehicles set, and I've used it in the past, but his larger, more modern buses just seem a little too out of scale for my liking (they look a bit too large compared to the trains), and all of his additions seem to be just the tourist coaches, and not the newer model service buses that operate in my area, as well as other areas (buses with the 'Lo-Floor' system, made by Plaxton and TransBus and operated in my area by First Transport).

If not, no problem, was just something I'd like to know, as I find the current road vehicles seem a bit out of place when used with the DBSet :)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, there's a Russian bus set which would work with the DBset, given that East Germany used Russian busses.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
CNrail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CNrail »

yes i agree, the busses do seem a bit out of scale, but it's not a big issue so long as they work well and they do :)

I love the volvo trucks tho, and use them quite a bit as a feeder service to my rail stations, so i use less stations for farms and stuff. Works well :)
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Question about road vehicle graphics

Post by George »

Karl wrote:Just a question about something I've wondered about as of late. Are there any plans by MB or any other graphics designer to revamp all of the bus graphics?
I know George has made a road vehicles set, and I've used it in the past, but his larger, more modern buses just seem a little too out of scale for my liking (they look a bit too large compared to the trains),
3.3 pixels per meter. xUSSR buses - 2.5 pixels per meter. Trains - about 2 pixels per meter.
The reason, that made me to select that scale is wheels. Draw nice wheels in smaller scale and maybe I shall use smaller scale for new vehicles
Karl wrote:and all of his additions seem to be just the tourist coaches, and not the newer model service buses that operate in my area, as well as other areas (buses with the 'Lo-Floor' system, made by Plaxton and TransBus and operated in my area by First Transport).
You forgot Volvo 5000 and dolphin intercity bus.
But I'm always open for suggestions. (But read the suggestion rules first :) )
Karl wrote:If not, no problem, was just something I'd like to know, as I find the current road vehicles seem a bit out of place when used with the DBSet :)
The problem is that we can not change the trains scale. the train car can be shorter, but not longer:(

Return to “Graphics Development”