[OTTD] Japan 1876...?

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
amadeus
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Japan 1876...?

Post by amadeus »

Japan 1876...?
name not yet decided :mrgreen:

Last year I made a scenario that covered Japan. I made another one based on that last one and right now I'm beta testing it before I try to upload it to BaNaNaS or anything like that. I would also appreciate feedback. :)

What's different?
  • Snow!
    ---
  • This time I've used the Age of Industry Replacement Set, Trade and Waves, along with placing fisheries, forests, mines, and quarries in largely historical regions based on improved data I've found. There are very few secondary industries on the map, but in my brief playtesting before putting it here I had no trouble getting my initial loan back in full within 18 months.
    ---
  • Updated NewGRFs. Includes Quast65's road set, SHARK for boats, and Road Hog 1.4.1 for vehicles. Of course, adding more is always optional but my design principle is to keep it simple and then let people add on what they want rather than me trying to tell them.
What's the same?

Despite the slightly misleading title, the scenario still starts in 1875 and still covers 650+ Japanese cities. The heightmap is almost the same, but I think I adjusted the height a little more.

In conclusion...

Depending on how this is received and if I can solicit your opinions, if there is interest in me redoing the AXIS set for this map I can probably make it. If anyone else has ideas on how to improve it, I'd be happy to take a look at them. :)

Changelog:

v02: removed the old buildings NewGRF and a fix that is no longer needed. All towns were re-placed so all the building would be from the JP+ set.

Thanks again,
amadeus
Attachments
Japan 1876 v02.scn
AIRS industry set
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Last edited by amadeus on 30 Apr 2024 00:10, edited 2 times in total.
ketony
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Japan 1876...?

Post by ketony »

Very nice work. It looks a lot better with snow. I also think you have hit the sweet spot with the map size - not too big and not too small for me.

You might want to add some flavor by placing more monuments/major attractions. I can already see the royal residence (皇居) in Tokyo and the Ise Jingu. Would be great if there are more. Even better if they can generate significant amount of traffic. Personally I might try to recreate the ski resort in Niseko.

I will post more comments when I get some time (albeit very limited) to play it.
amadeus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Japan 1876...?

Post by amadeus »

Thanks!
ketony wrote: 29 Apr 2024 11:46You might want to add some flavor by placing more monuments/major attractions. I can already see the royal residence (皇居) in Tokyo and the Ise Jingu. Would be great if there are more. Even better if they can generate significant amount of traffic.
There is one more in Himeji. I guess giving you the name of the city gives away what it is. :mrgreen:

There are two reasons I didn’t want to plop too much down, one is the limitation of the NewGRFs I put in the list: I like leaving the customization options to the user. The second, and related to your point about traffic generation, is that these are just decorative objects and not functional.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”