symmetrical cities.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Esteban6007
Engineer
Engineer

symmetrical cities.

Post by Esteban6007 »

Hello people, I am new to the game, I wanted to ask if there is any way to make cities grow symmetrically, for example in 3x3 or 4x4 grids, currently the streets expand like spaghetti and it is a disaster. In the options I disabled growth automatically, but it doesn't convince me. thank you very much (sorry if there are errors, I use a translator)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: symmetrical cities.

Post by Redirect Left »

When towns are placed in the scenario editor, you can specify their road growth, which includes 2x2/3x3 grids.

In settings, go to environment -> towns -> road layout for new towns. I presume this makes openttd generate cities with grids when starting a new map.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Esteban6007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Esteban6007 »

Thank you very much for the quick response, in my language (Spanish) in settings I have the option "city load generation" Linear or Square, it was in linear I suppose the option you tell me is square, I don't have another option, I put a new map but the cities are still spaghetti :(

I'm going to work, if there is any other option I'll check when I get back. TY!!
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

From the 1st screen, go in to "Settings" (Spanish: Configuración)
Then in "World Generation" (Generación de mundo), set "Road layout for new towns" (Patrón de carreteras para los nuevos municipios) to "3x3 grid" (Cuadrícula 3x3) before you start a game.
Esteban6007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Esteban6007 »

Thank you very much, I already have the cities in 3x3 grids

Return to “General OpenTTD”