[CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

makar0niasty
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [CZTR / 32bpp ] - Czech total replacement

Post by makar0niasty »

gebik wrote: 27 Mar 2024 14:31 Development is being abandoned as no graphics have time...
That is what I was afraid...sadly whole team was stricken with the incurable disease we all suffer from, adult life.
Well, let's hope at least whatever is there will be shared one day, perhaps like it was via google drive (still using that "unreleased" Czech town graphics in my games, that I have gotten from there - its awesome, even if not fully finished :D )
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

makar0niasty wrote: 27 Mar 2024 13:59
belgi wrote: 04 Mar 2024 19:38
Kuccinni wrote: 04 Mar 2024 18:06 :-) problem solved!
I'd downloaded CZTR content once again and it worked like a charm!
OK great ;-)
Sometimes computers do what they want :-D

I wish you a nice day
Any chance you heard anything development wise over on the Czech groups/sites?
Been keeping and eye here and on their FB, but seems sadly it went dead after those few posts about bridges being worked on. Though there was some, largely silent update on Bananas if I was not mistaken ?
Hi!
I check their facebook page almost daily. And it's true that there has been some, as you say, silent update, but otherwise basically nothing is happening. It is clear to me that development work will take a lot of time (I tried to develop several Czech objects myself and gave up... it is insanely time-consuming and the work is like a church - I admire e.g. GarryG, who is on forum almost every day and he's always developing new things and improving old ones, that's really cool for me!) and one shouldn't worry about other things. But I still believe that after such a great start, something new will appear at least occasionally. Because the graphics are just great! German trains (and variant points - I use them as gates and signals) are great too, but there are no Czech machines and cars (and they are a bit smaller). Great barracks and cars, including buses are in Temporal Real*** graphics. The nice barracks are also in Full English - UK Townset graphics. But nobody has trams like in CZTR. He also tries a lot for flogeza, which does not have a full extra zoom, but it comes very close. HVW Set again has nice trucks and trams. Quite simply, graphics with extra zoom are quite enough. But CZTR is simply ours. And so I hope that the development has not completely stopped and will continue. Even if only slowly.

I wish everyone a nice day
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

belgi wrote: 27 Mar 2024 15:35 I check their facebook page almost daily. And it's true that there has been some, as you say, silent update, but otherwise basically nothing is happening. It is clear to me that development work will take a lot of time (I tried to develop several Czech objects myself and gave up... it is insanely time-consuming and the work is like a church - I admire e.g. GarryG, who is on forum almost every day and he's always developing new things and improving old ones, that's really cool for me!) and one shouldn't worry about other things. But I still believe that after such a great start, something new will appear at least occasionally. Because the graphics are just great! German trains (and variant points - I use them as gates and signals) are great too, but there are no Czech machines and cars (and they are a bit smaller). Great barracks and cars, including buses are in Temporal Real*** graphics. The nice barracks are also in Full English - UK Townset graphics. But nobody has trams like in CZTR. He also tries a lot for flogeza, which does not have a full extra zoom, but it comes very close. HVW Set again has nice trucks and trams. Quite simply, graphics with extra zoom are quite enough. But CZTR is simply ours. And so I hope that the development has not completely stopped and will continue. Even if only slowly.
Don't forget that GarryG is retired from normal job so he can take the (unfortunately unpaid) fulltime job of OTTD graphics development :wink:

(In German, we call this type of retirement "Unruhestand" - maybe somebody can get the meaning)

But the overall message to me from such projects is that they should be put on GitHub or a related service with a proper license to allow people to join development and - if the original creators have to move on to something else - other persons can take up the project and data instead of simply loosing a lot of nice stuff (and countless hours of work) if source code and graphics are not public.
gebik
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gebik »

Source code is not public due to fact that some of the models are not with a compatible license, there was many times when someone left the team and did not specify it.

I am also sad due to no trams, if someone here is good in graphics making (both extra or normal zoom possible), I would like to make some tram set with them, as I joined CZTR as an coder of NML stuff. In my opinion best would be classic zoom and palette due to CCs and compatibility with majority of sets. (there are already some usable buses, a lot of various trains incl. V4 CEE and so on)
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.

Formerly known as MLG.

Return to “Graphics Development”