*** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£589.26 / £500.00 raised] ***

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

*** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£589.26 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

As regular visitors will know, these forums are run on a voluntary basis, funded partially by advertising, but mostly by your very generous donations. While donations are accepted all year, I like to post this topic once a year to try to get enough donations to run the site for the upcoming year.

The forums continue to see a lot of traffic, with expenses remaining higher than they used to be, so we are aiming for £500 of donations again (around US $635, or €580), to help cover as much of the expense of running the forums as possible. Your generosity is hugely appreciated - without your help, the forums may not exist today. If you could spare even just a few pounds, dollars, euros, or whatever currency you use, to help the forums, it will be a great help.

Instead of a single large donation, you may wish to consider sending a regular monthly donation, if this is something you can afford. Hosting for the forums is paid monthly, so this can help to spread things around a bit. If you'd be interested in donating like this, please let me know.

You can find the donation page here. Donations can be taken by PayPal (including credit/debit card payments - you don't need a PayPal account) and direct bank transfer (including international bank transfers). Within the UK, I can also accept cheques and postal orders. If there is another way you would like to donate, let me know and we can figure something out. Your donations are very much appreciated.

Bank details

UK: Account number 75798685, sort code 23-14-70 (UK payments only)
US: Please send me a PM for details
EUR: IBAN BE65 9670 3187 7596, BIC TRWIBEB1XXX (payments from the Eurozone only)

Please include some kind of reference to TT-Forums (e.g. "TTF") when making a payment. For bank transfers from any other country, please contact me for details.

PayPal

Image (GBP) Image (USD) Image (EUR)

If you don't want to, or can't, send a monetary donation, you can use our Amazon affiliate links when you shop at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com or Amazon.ca. Again, the donations page here explains that.

Please note that donations to OpenTTD are NOT donations for the forums; the forums and OpenTTD are unconnected (although I process donations for both, they are held and recorded separately). To donate to the forums, please use this link, not the link on the OpenTTD web site.

Thank you all for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions. (This announcement will be removed in the future.)

CURRENT TOTAL DONATED: £589.26 / £500.00 (117%)

Click here to donate!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£116.24 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Thank you for all donations so far! As always, it is greatly appreciated. :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£218.81 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Nearly half way there already, thank you for all your support!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£360.60 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

Now up to 72%, thank you very much for your generosity and support for the forums!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£439.87 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by ChillCore »

out of curiosity ... how much left? ... after you check balance ... in euros ...
happy to fill the gap by 1st next month

that being said .. I will give you 100 more if you get this fixed ..

If you could so kidney ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcBbBmcw9sI
and
[youtube]
[/youtube]

both should show up properly ...

I mean the 'working' button does not always show up so yeah ...
Last edited by ChillCore on 16 Feb 2024 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

will still fill the gap if you tell me how far to jump .. just yeah?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AntoninKyrene »

I got this.

£100 to bring us over £500 for the year, and a huge shout-out to every single person who ever gave of themselves to make this the very best game in cyberspace.

You made working fun. You make retirement even more fun. Thank you.

:bow:
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

AntoninKyrene wrote: 17 Feb 2024 21:39 I got this.

£100 to bring us over £500 for the year, and a huge shout-out to every single person who ever gave of themselves to make this the very best game in cyberspace.

You made working fun. You make retirement even more fun. Thank you.

:bow:
you are too kind ...

knowing what I know and don't ... pretty close to 600 hehe .... I did send some before posting ...

and a huge shout-out to every single person who ever gave of themselves to make this the very best game in cyberspace.
word brother

semi-joking ... would be funny if we cover 2025 also before ... as in: the lot of us not just the two of us because 'silly' xP

AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AntoninKyrene »

For this group? I wouldn't think twice about doing so if asked, that's for sure. Hell, I wouldn't hesitate to donate the entire £500 on the first day, either.

The best part for me is the Chief Financial Officer (i.e., Wife) approves of these expenditures. In comparison to some of my other hobbies, this is a cheap narcotic, and I always position it accordingly. You see, when you spend a couple of weeks advocating for a "new" (insert vintage audio unit here, in this instance the RT-909) that costs far more now than it did years - no, decades - ago, asking to then give Owen and Co. 100 quid 'for the cause' is a no-brainer, because 100 quid is paltry compared to I'm sorry, you want to spend how much on another 'tape recorder' from the 1970's?!

(OK, first of all, it's not just another tape recorder, it's an open reel recorder - big difference! Second, it was actually manufactured in the 1980's not the 1970's. Third...it's an RT-909, how could you not understand?)

OpenTTD. Taking budget manipulation to a higher level. :D
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£589.26 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by orudge »

ChillCore wrote: 16 Feb 2024 06:24 that being said .. I will give you 100 more if you get this fixed ..

and
[youtube]
[/youtube]

You need to have the link on the same line:

Code: Select all

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcBbBmcw9sI[/youtube]
then it should work fine. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it work when it's on separate lines very easily.

Anyway, thanks to your very kind donations (and in particular AntoninKyrene for pushing us well over the line), we have now exceeded the fundraiser target for this year! Many thanks indeed, as always this will help keep the forums going and is hugely appreciated. Thank you everyone! :)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: *** Forum fundraiser 2024 [£589.26 / £500.00 raised] ***

Post by ChillCore »

orudge wrote: 19 Feb 2024 10:04
ChillCore wrote: 16 Feb 2024 06:24 that being said .. I will give you 100 more if you get this fixed ..

and
[youtube]
[/youtube]

You need to have the link on the same line:

Code: Select all

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcBbBmcw9sI[/youtube]
then it should work fine. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it work when it's on separate lines very easily.

Anyway, thanks to your very kind donations (and in particular AntoninKyrene for pushing us well over the line), we have now exceeded the fundraiser target for this year! Many thanks indeed, as always this will help keep the forums going and is hugely appreciated. Thank you everyone! :)
that works ... thanks for reminding me

Return to “News”