transfer station rating

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mudcat
Engineer
Engineer

transfer station rating

Post by mudcat »

My current game I'm using local trains to transfer goods to main line trains at local yards(stations). Feeder I believe what it's called normally. Also playing Firs 4.
{ have one yard that has 1 coal mine producing 99 coal month, so the coal sits there 3 to 4 months till there is enough for my main to pick it up. That causes the coal rating at the yard to drop. 39 at the moment.
My question is how does this rating effect me? If it shows 297 tons of coal, I pick up 297 tons of coal. If my local carries 99 coal to the yard, it transfers 99 coal. The coal mine station rating is 84. (mid steam period at moment). I'm not losing any product.

Be cool,
mudcat
accipiter2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: transfer station rating

Post by accipiter2000 »

The rating of the transfer station does not have a substantive impact; while there might be a minor loss of goods due to prolonged storage times over several months, generally, it would not result in significant losses. As long as the rating of the main mine is not affected, it remains manageable.
My most satisfying game session.
viewtopic.php?p=1267789
mudcat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mudcat »

Thank you for the reply. This helps me so much in my current game.
Be cool,
mudcat
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the critical number you should be looking out for at the transfer station is 50%. below that, cargo starts getting lost. (and you won't get paid for the partial transport up to this point)
mudcat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mudcat »

Thank you.
Now I got something to watch and compare, Thank you for the info.
Be cool,
mudcat

Return to “General OpenTTD”