[OTTD]Yangtze River delta (China)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FJZer0ich
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD]Yangtze River delta (China)

Post by FJZer0ich »

Hello guys!
This is the first topic I posted, and I must apologize for the grammatical mistakes I made in it. :)

These days I'm making a scenario of Yangtze River delta, where my homeland is in, and it is still in progress. I made the heightmap by tracing on PS according to a contour topographic map because I think this can make the terrain much smoother than simply generate one from a script or something, though it takes much more time.

Both the heightmap and the scenario are 2048*2048, with no industries, and the start time is 1949. The GRF list is below:
~H5$~GQ@]ON`SSIV%`(%6]O.png
~H5$~GQ@]ON`SSIV%`(%6]O.png (17.48 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
HJ]V96~}J0O3PLZ}3YU0K%V.png
HJ]V96~}J0O3PLZ}3YU0K%V.png (7.96 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Since the China Set: trains are still updating, this GRF should be renewed frequently,even after the scenario is completed :lol:

Now I'm still placing the towns, and there are rivers only in south-west area, so it's actually a very beta version. However, I have upload it to BaNaNas, but you can also download it here!
Attachments
Yangtze River delta(China).scn
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by FJZer0ich on 19 Aug 2023 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry for my poor English. Sometimes I may use Google Translate lol :wink:
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Yangtze River delta (China)

Post by Argus »

I tried your scenario and it looks beautiful, but it is spoiled by such an unpleasant little thing. Apparently all the city names are in Chinese characters, which means people outside of China will only see ?? instead of the city name. :(
kaitokiwa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kaitokiwa »

Hi I am wuwu from QQ group. :D Maybe you can try to name cities in both Chinese and Latin alphabet. By the way I also made a Yangtze Delta scenario, named as ‘Shanghai’.
FJZer0ich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FJZer0ich »

Argus wrote: 18 Aug 2023 22:03 I tried your scenario and it looks beautiful, but it is spoiled by such an unpleasant little thing. Apparently all the city names are in Chinese characters, which means people outside of China will only see ?? instead of the city name. :(
I'm sorry for that. I didn't expect this. :( Maybe I'll make an English version later.
FJZer0ich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FJZer0ich »

Here are some screenshots:
screenshot#3.png
(88.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
111.png
(86.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
000.png
(664.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

kaitokiwa wrote: 19 Aug 2023 03:42 Hi I am wuwu from QQ group. :D Maybe you can try to name cities in both Chinese and Latin alphabet. By the way I also made a Yangtze Delta scenario, named as ‘Shanghai’.
Since you don't have your own topic here, I'll try to ask this way - what is the GameScript in your game script? I'm afraid I have too incompatible a version and that's why the cities are not growing for me. The game does not load the script.
FJZer0ich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FJZer0ich »

Argus wrote: 19 Aug 2023 09:13 Since you don't have your own topic here, I'll try to ask this way - what is the GameScript in your game script? I'm afraid I have too incompatible a version and that's why the cities are not growing for me. The game does not load the script.
The English version has completed! And I just noticed that I forgot to add the script, so here is the corrected version with RVG.
Attachments
Yangtze River delta(China)(English) .scn
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
Last edited by FJZer0ich on 19 Aug 2023 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

FJZer0ich wrote: 19 Aug 2023 04:06
Argus wrote: 18 Aug 2023 22:03 I tried your scenario and it looks beautiful, but it is spoiled by such an unpleasant little thing. Apparently all the city names are in Chinese characters, which means people outside of China will only see ?? instead of the city name. :(
I'm sorry for that. I didn't expect this. :( Maybe I'll make an English version later.
Thank you :) Windows is able to display your characters, Tycoon had a problem with the Cyrillic and Greek alphabets until recently. It's easy to forget that this game has certain limits. :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Now I noticed that the GameScript doesn't even load in your scenario...
I should have the latest versions for all scripts, yours is apparently too old and incompatible with my downloaded one...
Attachments
Beze jména, 1. led 1949.png
(123.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kaitokiwa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kaitokiwa »

Argus wrote: 19 Aug 2023 09:13
kaitokiwa wrote: 19 Aug 2023 03:42 Hi I am wuwu from QQ group. :D Maybe you can try to name cities in both Chinese and Latin alphabet. By the way I also made a Yangtze Delta scenario, named as ‘Shanghai’.
Since you don't have your own topic here, I'll try to ask this way - what is the GameScript in your game script? I'm afraid I have too incompatible a version and that's why the cities are not growing for me. The game does not load the script.
I'm sorry for uploading the incomplete scenario. I will fix the issue you mentioned as soon as possible and publish it in a new topic.
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Maybe the missing script is made by me, combining Renewed Village Growth with Peaks and Troughs (Now bug free). Download here:
Attachments
New_Renewed_Villages_Growth-01.tar
My script.
(308.5 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Unfortunately, the scenario seems to be disturbed by the change of industry
This is what I get on a completely clean boot, I haven't added anything. :cry:
Attachments
Beze jména, 4. úno 1949.png
(248.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet