[OTTD] Fastest Refitable Vehicle - "cheat" vehicle

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Arklenski
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Fastest Refitable Vehicle - "cheat" vehicle

Post by Arklenski »

Hello there,

I have some time those weeks to spend on OpenTTD and because I usually play in order not to get bored (challenge is not of my interest), I modified the Hover Bus GRF in order to have a overpowered vehicle, and on the same time to learn more of the YAGL translation (NML will be another part of fun further :D ). The code will give me a base for other GRF modifications (I have to owerpower a ship and a helicopter)
Of course, this cheat vehicle is not intended for fair games...

So here is the FRV - Fastest Refitable Vehicle.
Based on the Hover Bus GRF code (credited in the GRF description, of course), I put at max its specifications of speed, cargo abilities, and other parameters (free costs for example). Only the passenger cargo amount is stuck at 255 because I still didn't find the way to callback the default "cargo_capacity" parameter).
Speed mechanics are quite interesting by testing many values and combinations... Never use a 0 ton weight in your GRF :D Introduction date is also funny to calculate...

TAR Archive created according to the syntax, and a unique GRF ID according to the Creators ID common rules, I took "AK", 414B in hex, never used as far as I searched or in the reserved fields. I'm a new member, don't want to make waves...

Main characteristics
Main characteristics
FRV1.png (10.98 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
Capacity of the FRV for "goods"
Capacity of the FRV for "goods"
FRV2.png (5.18 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
Have fun, people who want to go fast or cheat in their games!
Attachments
414B8601-FRV.tar
TAR Archive for the FRV - Fastest Refitable Vehicle
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [OTTD] Fastest Refitable Vehicle - "cheat" vehicle

Post by 2TallTyler »

Nice! Welcome to the community. :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”