Station Ratings and Passenger count?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Meownator
Engineer
Engineer

Station Ratings and Passenger count?

Post by Meownator »

Hello :mrgreen:

My question is simple and straightforward however I struggled to find an answer; so here I am!

Does the rating of a train station affect the amount of passengers we can expect from that station, or is it strictly an industry based mechanic. Thank you!
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Station Ratings and Passenger count?

Post by 2TallTyler »

Station rating affects how much available cargo (produced by industries or houses) is moved to the station for pickup. If your station rating is 70, that's the percentage of cargo moved to the station for pickup, and you may see this in the industry window as the percent transported (although this can be lower, like if you aren't picking up all the cargo from the station).

For industries, station rating has the additional effect of influencing the change that the industry will reduce or increase production.

TLDR: Yes. :)
Meownator
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Station Ratings and Passenger count?

Post by Meownator »

Thanks for the answer :))

I figured out that the station ratings does affect all types of cargo after my post (since I had some time to test things out due to it waiting to be approved by moderation) but I had no idea that the industry production is tied to the station rating mechanic and will thus also increase based on the station rating. Cool!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”