giving shared orders to a group of vehicles

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

giving shared orders to a group of vehicles

Post by lostpawn »

I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything on my question/suggestion which is this: is it possible after creating a group and adding vehicles to that group to give all of them shared orders as a group?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: giving shared orders to a group of vehicles

Post by Emperor Jake »

lostpawn wrote: 15 Jun 2023 12:01 I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything on my question/suggestion which is this: is it possible after creating a group and adding vehicles to that group to give all of them shared orders as a group?
Shared orders and vehicle groups are separate things. You can give vehicles shared orders the regular way (by ctrl-cloning the trains or their orders). However if you have JGRPP you can auto-create a group from a list of vehicles with shared orders, but not the other way round.
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Thank you. It is a pity, it could come in handy. I didn't know that you can auto-create a group from a list of vehicles with shared orders, using JGR patch pack which I do. Also handy.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it's technically also possible with vanilla, but it involves an intermediate step of making a group and dragging one vehicle of the shared orders in, then you can pull all other shared vehicles into the group.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”