[OTTD] Hamburg scenario 2048x2048 Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[OTTD] Hamburg scenario 2048x2048 Screenshots

Post by ebla71 »

With my Hamburg scenario now almost complete, I finally wanted to play and share some screenshots here.

Just a brief summary of the scenario:
  • 2048x2048 "real-world" scenario based on the northern German port city of Hamburg and surrondings
  • Realistic placement of town and suburbs, streets, and industries
  • XIS industry set with no open/no close/no fund, just play with what's there
  • Allowing myself unlimited credit from the "special menue"
  • Mostly building while game is stopped since focus is on construction of network, not beating economic model
  • Bus stops and lines, trains all modelled after "real" time tables and connections
  • The size of the map with 1 tile = 20 meters allows placement of all tracks, switches, and signals at or near "read world" positions
Savegame for OTTD v13.0 attached if you would like to check rather than use the scenario files from the linked development thread

Attachments
HH_screenshot_01.jpg
(324.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HH-01c, 1900-01-02.sav
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Hamburg scenario 2048x2048 Screenshots

Post by ebla71 »

Here you see the Harburg station serving the large suburb south of the Elbe river.

If you look closely enough on the right edge, all 10 tracks of the station are there, together with the extensive network of switches which connect the different platforms and lines.

Through the center runs the Niederelbebahn to the city of Buxtehude, which is at the western (left) edge of the scenario not visible here.

The lowered line is the right-of-way of the future Harburg subway tunnel but stations still await construction.

And in the top center is the old Harburg harbour with the remains of former Harburg castle in white and some wharf still operating here.

Attachments
HH_screenshot_02.png
(597.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

This screenshot shows the small station of Hittfeld in the south-central part of the scenario map, on the Hamburg-Venloer Bahn which connects Hamburg to the Ruhr area and Netherlands. Hittfeld is the southern-most station still on the map and therefore local trains from Harburg turn here.

All tracks, switches, and signals are placed at their "real-world" locations as in the 1980s, before the layout was simplified.

Attachments
HH_screenshot_03.png
(264.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Spent the last days with "laying track" in the harbor area - take a look in case you like really extended railway layouts 8) And although some of the freight yards have way too many tracks to represent them all in the game, at least the general layout strictly follows the "real world" situation:

Also, Hamburg Hbf as the central station is now almost complete, although signals and waypoints still need to be added:

Very soon, the first train from Altona via Dammtor and Hamburg Hbf will run to Harburg and then Winsen/Luhe
Attachments
Hamburg_scenario_v0.97_p1.png
(799.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hamburg_scenario_v0.97_p2.png
(218.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Promised some picture from the Hamburg scenario so here they are now:

Barmbek ist a central hub in the local subway system with also a large depot located here. Currently, only a U3 train bound for Eppendorf is departing the station but particularly during rush hour it will get much more crowded. Furthermore, suburban S-Bahn tracks north of the subway station plus another track for freight trains which just pass through

Overall, the Hamburg transport network has already grown substantially and includes the central subway "ring line" of the U3 around the Alster in the city center. Most outer branches still under construction, though

Savegame also included if you are interested but scenario now also on BaNaNaS
Attachments
HH_screenshot_04.png
(663.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HH_screenshot_05.png
(182.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HH-03c, 1905-06-25.sav
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

New game in version 0.97, first local train. Before the discovery of the first cars, the fastest way to work and for entertainment in a larger settlement. :)
I fixed the error reported above on the second screen
Attachments
Green & Co., 5. čnc 1903.png
(243.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Green & Co., 26. led 1904.png
(229.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

1. electric bus, unfortunately the lack of power and speed caused the gasoline engine to win for a long time.
18 years and still working in the same region. Tornesch has a subway, it's big enough for that.
Attachments
Green & Co., 9. říj 1911.png
(221.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Green & Co., 7. kvě 1918.png
(559.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 19 Jun 2023 16:16 New game in version 0.97, first local train. Before the discovery of the first cars, the fastest way to work and for entertainment in a larger settlement. :)
I fixed the error reported above on the second screen
Well, in "real world", the train line actually runs between the two "hills" which you can either think of as "noise barrier" or just bulldoze them after construction of the line - but as said many times before "a votre plaisir" ("as you wish")
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 19 Jun 2023 17:24 1. electric bus, unfortunately the lack of power and speed caused the gasoline engine to win for a long time.
18 years and still working in the same region. Tornesch has a subway, it's big enough for that.
Well, "my" Tonresch is definitely a lot more humble and people are happy about a train service once or twice a day on the line to Pinneberg and then Altona (red marker on the map) :lol:

But I'm currently busy anyway to close a gap in the network on the top center, which is today the "Alsternordbahn" between Garstedt and Ulzburg (new town not in the scenario so far), as indicated by the yellow marker.

Attachments
HH_screenshot_06.png
(969.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HH_screenshot_07.png
(179.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I assume you don't have active city growth :) I will also turn it off at Tornesch so that the paper mill is not in town :)
I don't like when the scenario is too static and nothing changes, but even extremely slow city growth is still pretty fast once the city is more serviced. On the other hand, it helped to make money quickly - it's not near the water, which is always the most profitable start, and importing wood to the paper mill also created debts. :)
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Argus wrote: 20 Jun 2023 10:26 I assume you don't have active city growth :) I will also turn it off at Tornesch so that the paper mill is not in town :)
I don't like when the scenario is too static and nothing changes, but even extremely slow city growth is still pretty fast once the city is more serviced. On the other hand, it helped to make money quickly - it's not near the water, which is always the most profitable start, and importing wood to the paper mill also created debts. :)
As mentioned before, the original design of the scenario is actually indeed completely static, since the focus is on realistic network building. Therefore:
  • Automatic city growth is switched off, you can only manually fund building of houses and thus expansion
  • Industry opening, closure, and funding is switched off
  • Money for building is provided by "unlimited credit" from the "special menue"
If you like a different style of game play, of course feel free to adjust settings from the game, NewGRF, and "special" menues but it might need some advanced knowledge of these options.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

One is always learning.
I thought that when zero city growth is on, cities don't grow even if you fund them. :D
I don't know why I never thought to try it, but that's because I always turned it off. Also, I'm still playing with game scripts where city growth is quite limited,
Tornesch would never grow like this with a script until I got the necessary goods into it. :)
I also don't like to use cheat for money unless I start very badly. :)
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Railway construction around the city of Hamburg has now essentially finished, with only a few industrial sidings and a couple of narrow-gauge lines in the boglands to the north missing :D

Attachments
HH_screenshot_09.png
(89.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”