Apply recolour sprites to custom foundations

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Apply recolour sprites to custom foundations

Post by Trolley Trev »

Hey there,

I'm developing a station set and I am using custom foundations. For some stations built on slopes, they have stairs down to the next level with a company coloured fence. The only problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to apply a recolour sprite to foundations! So it looks a little odd with the top part of the station in 2CCs but the lower part still in the DOS palette blue/green. Does anyone have any insights on this? I imagine I could probably utilise a recolour sprite block, but how do I apply it to a specific sprite?

Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Trevor.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Apply recolour sprites to custom foundations

Post by Eddi »

Trolley Trev wrote: 02 Jun 2023 02:47 Hey there,I can't for the life of me figure out how to apply a recolour sprite to foundations!
it's quite likely that this is not possible.
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

You might not be able to recolour the foundations but it might be possible to get around this by making the foundations invisable and providing your own in the regular callback which should allow company colours.
Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trolley Trev »

Thanks for the replies. I might have figured out a hack around it. The portion with 2CCs (the SE & SW foundations respectively, depending on station orientation) I have cut from the foundation sprite and added to the base sprite of the station, so when the nml is next compile-ready, I will see how that goes :D

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”