Missing signals

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GodsBusy
Engineer
Engineer

Missing signals

Post by GodsBusy »

Hello, i didnt played the game for long time and now i wanted to return to the game and got an issue with sygnals, i simply have only 4 sygnals to choose from, missing block signals exit,enter etc as on image

https://files.fm/u/tppskkwux
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Missing signals

Post by Eddi »

they're still there, they've just been hidden by default
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

GodsBusy wrote: 25 May 2023 11:30 Hello, i didnt played the game for long time and now i wanted to return to the game and got an issue with sygnals, i simply have only 4 sygnals to choose from, missing block signals exit,enter etc as on image

https://files.fm/u/tppskkwux

They changed it because OpenTTD devs think extremely dimly on the average OpenTTD player now.

Anywho, enable advanced (or any higher than that) settings on the settings menu . Then go to 'Company' and change 'show signal types' to All Signals. You may also want to change the 'Cycle through signal types' which is above it. I personally use path signals only on this specific setting, because I only ever do the CTRL cycling at junctions into stations, when i only ever need path ones for that anyway, everything else is block.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
GodsBusy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GodsBusy »

thanks A LOT, apreatiate it
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Redirect Left wrote: 25 May 2023 18:00 They changed it because OpenTTD devs think extremely dimly on the average OpenTTD player now.
I refuse to get into an argument about this, but I will say one thing and then leave:

I am the person responsible for this change and my intention was solely to help new players.

Yes, existing players are affected, but we determined that a slight inconvenience was worth avoiding a significant amount of newbie frustration. The full extent of the inconvenience is that anybody who wishes to use block/pre-signals must change the menu option in the settings or click the "expand" button on the signal GUI itself. Then their preference is saved in the config file so they never have to do it again.

There's no need to assume ill intent. ;)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

The problem is something else. I don't know where or if there was information about this change. Only on Github? Many gamers probably don't even know about Github.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

each release comes with a detailed changelog.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

So I must have missed it or didn't understand it.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

It's in the changelog for 12.0:
Feature: Hide block signals in GUI by default (#8688)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I had them hidden anyway, I guess. I guess I didn't even notice the change :) But for a player who hasn't played for a while, these changes are probably more confusing.
I'm the type who would try messing with the settings first. :)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it's ok... nobody really expects that everyone reads the changelogs...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”