Iron Horse trains - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Iron Horse trains - releases

Post by ttdplanner »

Just found a bug:

If the 2nd livery of the high-speed Brenner locomotive is selected, the train accelerates very slow and the vehicle detail window always shows it as having 3042hp, even after adding extra Brenner wagons which are supposed add 3042hp each. The 1st livery DOES work correctly and gain an additional 3042hp per wagon added.

I tested multiple configurations* and the issue is definitely only with the 2nd livery (the one with pixelated pattern) of the Brenner locomotive.

1st livery locomotive + 1st livery wagons
1st livery locomotive + 2nd livery wagons
2nd livery locomotive + 1st livery wagons (bugged)
2nd livery locomotive + 2nd livery wagons (bugged)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

ttdplanner wrote: 14 May 2023 12:35 If the 2nd livery of the high-speed Brenner locomotive is selected, the train accelerates very slow and the vehicle detail window always shows it as having 3042hp, even after adding extra Brenner wagons which are supposed add 3042hp each. The 1st livery DOES work correctly and gain an additional 3042hp per wagon added.
Thanks! Should be fixed in Horse 3.0.1, which I just pushed to Bananas, and should be savegame compatible.

Iron Horse 3.1.0 will also be shipping soon and will not be savegame compatible, so eh :)
Thrillville109
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thrillville109 »

Any news on the American train set?
I'd be making Locomotion Expanded if I didn't despise using WALLY.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Will there be an updated version of the Iron Horse "Quicksilver" add-on for v3 of Iron Horse?
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

skc wrote: 30 May 2023 10:54 Will there be an updated version of the Iron Horse "Quicksilver" add-on for v3 of Iron Horse?
is there source of it available? i have ideas but only if in nml
andythenorth wrote: 30 May 2023 11:14 ...
can i get piece of iron horse nml that makes scorcher run faster on hst for one my ideas?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 12 Jun 2023 20:04
can i get piece of iron horse nml that makes scorcher run faster on hst for one my ideas?
You can take the sources from Github, apply your your changes and build your own NewGRF-package with nml.

Tschö, Auge
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

Auge wrote: 13 Jun 2023 10:05 Hello
Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 12 Jun 2023 20:04
You can take the sources from Github, apply your your changes and build your own NewGRF-package with nml.

Tschö, Auge
except the source isn't in nml or even nfo it says .py like python

i would like the compiled nml version please?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 14 Jun 2023 08:01 except the source isn't in nml or even nfo it says .py like python
For many projects the authors have broken down the source code further by using Python scripting to piece the NML together via pre-processing. They don't manage the source code by having an entire NML code file to edit, this makes it easier and more manageable anytime they need to modify existing code (bug fixes, etc) or add new code (new features, vehicles, etc).
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Iron Horse 3.1.0 now on Bananas.

Big rework of the wagon roster. Might be overkill, but eh. Enjoy :twisted:

3.1.0 Release
Changes
  • freight wagons now available in many colours, as buyable variants, including
    • single-colour variants (with optional weathering)
    • random mixes of 2 or more colours
    • random mixes of both colour and wagon type
  • tweaked tech tree and appearance for many wagon types
  • removed parameters to set colours for wagons
  • removed colour change when wagons are flipped in depot
  • added additional livery for Saxon
Fixes
  • Lion weight was too low
horse-wagon-variants-3.png
horse-wagon-variants-3.png (66.33 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
horse-wagon-variants-2.png
horse-wagon-variants-2.png (122.54 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
horse-wagon-variants-1.png
horse-wagon-variants-1.png (112.83 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
networktycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by networktycoon »

andythenorth wrote: 18 Jun 2023 07:43 ...
Nice!
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

I've just updated Iron Horse to version 3.1.0.

Now when I start a game I'm getting an error:
Iron Horse 3.1 Fatal error.png
Iron Horse 3.1 Fatal error.png (20.96 KiB) Viewed 4573 times
When I start OTTD from a terminal and attempting to start a game, I get:

Code: Select all

dbg: [grf] [iron_horse_3_trains-3.1.0/iron-horse.grf:23063] FeatureChangeInfo: Unknown property 0x31 of feature 0x00, disabling
EDITED TO ADD:
GRF list:
Iron Horse 3.1 Fatal Error - GRF list.png
Iron Horse 3.1 Fatal Error - GRF list.png (11.52 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
OTTD: 13.0 (as packaged by Debian Linux).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Try updating to 13.1, as Horse makes use of some very new features
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Emperor Jake wrote: 19 Jun 2023 06:48 Try updating to 13.1, as Horse makes use of some very new features
If I could do an `apt-get upgrade` on it, I already would have weeks ago.
But the package maintainers for the official Debian packages haven't updated it from v13.0.
I have no desire to install OTTD by any method other than through `dpkg` and `apt-get`.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
skc wrote: 19 Jun 2023 02:48 I've just updated Iron Horse to version 3.1.0.

Now when I start a game I'm getting an error:
Iron Horse 3.1 Fatal error.png

OTTD: 13.0 (as packaged by Debian Linux).
Please update your OpenTTD installation. The variants feature is onle avaliable with OpenTTD 13.1 (or newer).

[edit]
Saw the replies only after writing my own one.

It is no problem to download the Linux generic package, to unpack it and to start the binary. There's no need for a parallel installation.
[/edit]

Tschö, Auge
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Auge wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:08 ... The variants feature is onle avaliable with OpenTTD 13.1 (or newer).
It's not the 'variants' feature that's causing this error - I have a saved game using v3.0.1 of Iron Horse that runs perfectly fine WITH variants; v13.0, as packaged by Debian, supports variants.
Iron Horse 3.0.1, showing variants.png
Iron Horse 3.0.1, showing variants.png (84.32 KiB) Viewed 4521 times
Auge wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:08 [edit]

It is no problem to download the Linux generic package, to unpack it and to start the binary. There's no need for a parallel installation.
[/edit]

Tschö, Auge
Except that I would have to manually create a menu entry, or run it from a terminal every time.
One of the reasons I use Linux is because all software packages can be managed through a single package manager, which also triggers adding and removing of menu entries.

What my error report shows is that andy made an error in coding the latest version of Iron Horse - he forgot that certain features he wants to use are not able to be used with older versions of OTTD and omitted a version check (which his reply acknowledges).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The variants feature itself was added in 13.0, but in 13.1 it was amended with the ability to set strings for variants in different contexts. Horse requires this specific feature, which is what I believe is causing the problem.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

skc wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:45
Auge wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:08 ... The variants feature is onle avaliable with OpenTTD 13.1 (or newer).
It's not the 'variants' feature that's causing this error - I have a saved game using v3.0.1 of Iron Horse that runs perfectly fine WITH variants; v13.0, as packaged by Debian, supports variants.
Ahh, I see: "Feature: [NewGRF] Vehicle variants in expandable purchase list (#10220)" from the changelog, listing for version 13.0-RC1. Sorry, I remembered wrongly, that the feature was introduced with 13.1.
skc wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:45
Auge wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:08 It is no problem to download the Linux generic package, to unpack it and to start the binary. There's no need for a parallel installation.
Except that I would have to manually create a menu entry, or run it from a terminal every time.
One of the reasons I use Linux is because all software packages can be managed through a single package manager, which also triggers adding and removing of menu entries.
Yes I know these advantages but I also know the pitfalls of outdated program versions in the software repositories. Anyway, to use the generic binary directly from the unpacked archive is a legitimate interim solution.
skc wrote: 19 Jun 2023 08:45 What my error report shows is that andy made an error in coding the latest version of Iron Horse - he forgot that certain features he wants to use are not able to be used with older versions of OTTD and omitted a version check (which his reply acknowledges).
Yes, but this argument would also apply to the variants feature (you specified your OpenTTD-installation as 13.0 in your initial report and I thought, that this version was not able to handle this feature). ;-)

Tschö, Auge

Return to “Graphics Releases”