The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 26 May 2023 12:29 If I'm not mistaken all you need is the name of the island I lived on and the number 90 added on the end.
I think you are mistaken, because that person does not exist. :( If you don't mind, please add Chrischrill (See, I'm not as secret about my Steam name)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote: 26 May 2023 19:00
Saibot wrote: 26 May 2023 12:29 If I'm not mistaken all you need is the name of the island I lived on and the number 90 added on the end.
I think you are mistaken, because that person does not exist. :( If you don't mind, please add Chrischrill (See, I'm not as secret about my Steam name)
I'll have to remember to add that myself :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I enjoy how often people see 'video editor' and read that as 'miracle worker'. A friend asked if I could edit someone out of a video, and I said sure, why not, expecting it to be like she was filming something and someone briefly walked in the way, which is often tedious but resolvable. No, she wanted me to remove a now ex-friend she didn't want in the video, who was in the video for roughly 90% of the 25 minute run time. Safe to say, I just said making up with the friend is the easiest option.

The original reason for learning video editing has now turned into nearly impossible, turns out doing a pilot for a TV show, even a quiz like thing, is way too expensive to do by oneself, so instead I'm now to travel this earth half heartedly hacking together peoples youtube videos, such is life, eh?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote: 29 May 2023 16:08 It's possible, but this sounds tedious. https://redstapler.co/remove-person-fro ... avascript/
For segments of the video they're dancing with each other, so they're switching in & out between/infront/behind each other, so that'd look really bad, even if an AI did it I think. I'll link her to that, if she wants to give it ago, have fun i guess?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Chrill wrote: 26 May 2023 19:00
What's the point of not being just a little bit secret? Anyhow, it has been done.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

This is Interesting! :lol: Finding diesel locomotive Manuals is very Easy! Finding the same thing for Steam locomotives ends up on the Lionel train site!

Christopher Tarana
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

If there is one thing that truly disgusts me, it is the amount of rubbish that people leave behind - when they are sat literally opposite a bin that is later found empty
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:21 If there is one thing that truly disgusts me, it is the amount of rubbish that people leave behind - when they are sat literally opposite a bin that is later found empty
ugh, this happens all the time at a nearby to me park. Even if there is a bin right next to the bench they were sat on, the rubbish is left on the bench, or worse, under it.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Redirect Left wrote: 31 May 2023 05:42
dol422 wrote: 31 May 2023 05:21 If there is one thing that truly disgusts me, it is the amount of rubbish that people leave behind - when they are sat literally opposite a bin that is later found empty
ugh, this happens all the time at a nearby to me park. Even if there is a bin right next to the bench they were sat on, the rubbish is left on the bench, or worse, under it.
Wouldn't be so bad but when I started my job as a train cleaner the job description didn't say put other people's rubbish in the bin for them :x. At least one perk is keeping any loose change I find, so not all bad :P.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm genuinely sad Ibrahimovic is retiring. Sure he's 41, sure he barely played this season, sure he hasn't won the Champions League. But he is arguably the greatest athlete ever to come out of my tiny little country. He's right up there with the absolute greats such as Ingemar Stenmark and Björn Borg. Ahead of massive legends like Börje Salming, Sarah Sjöström, Armand Duplantis, Annika Sörenstam, Tony Rickardsson, Jan-Ove Waldner, and the like.

It might also be argued that he is the most famous Swede of all time. If I go abroad, people say "Ah, Zlatan!" when I say Sweden. They never say anyone else.

The man played professional football in the previous century.

I hope that, even if his playing days are over, his footballing days are not. He would make a great youth coach. He can instil the confidence required, the work ethic needed, and the dedication necessary.
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Something to add to my list of things I learned only in adulthood.
Easy peel oranges are not easy peel.
That's right up there with lurpack spreadable butter, is in fact, not spreadable, and still leave a hole in the bread where you had to viciously try to spread it.

Adulthood sucks, and I keep coming across minor irritations in my life, I'm 33. When do I stop learning harsh realities I was previously blissfully unaware of ;__;
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Redirect Left wrote: 08 Jun 2023 04:51 Something to add to my list of things I learned only in adulthood.
Easy peel oranges are not easy peel.
That's right up there with lurpack spreadable butter, is in fact, not spreadable, and still leave a hole in the bread where you had to viciously try to spread it.

Adulthood sucks, and I keep coming across minor irritations in my life, I'm 33. When do I stop learning harsh realities I was previously blissfully unaware of ;__;
Most likely when you succumb to alzheimers, or a traumatic brain injury, or even once you die. If and/or when any if those happen :mrgreen:.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 08 Jun 2023 12:51 Most likely when you succumb to alzheimers, or a traumatic brain injury
Well, I do have multiple sclerosis kicking me in the butt, which in turn (only slightly) increases the risk of alzheimers, both regualra & early onset of, and MS itself i guess is a neverending slowly worsening brain injury?
So i 'm already there!
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

www.subsim.com

Post by CTarana45 »

www.subsim.com! :lol: I just re-logged onto SubSim.com and told the webmaster the Vista 32 bit had a CMOS battery failure! Now I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit!

Christopher Tarana
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

You know, if there is one thing I like about my new job, it is that I feel like I am actually doing something, rather than sitting around a computer feeling like I'm doing nothing. Although cleaning isn't the best job, I guess :P.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I was let go from my job in May, after over 6 years with them. I got a decent severance, with 4 months of pay and a large discount on my Macbook, so that's not too bad. Plus, a full summer off isn't a shame is it?
My Scenarios:
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I'm going to stop my cannabis -use, or actually wrong kind of use. Reason is that I need to work on a program, voluntary, in order to handle old feelings...
And I have become a volunteer for the local radiostation, not bad.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I play a lot of Counter-Strike, and I've come across people who live in far flung places who are able to speak pretty decent English, ranging from Eastern Europe, Russia, China, Egypt & Indonesia that come to mind immediately. A few say they were taught it in school to a degree, but a lot say they learnt English from watching American, or less frequently British TV shows available in their country.
So I've been inspired trying to learn Japanese from watching -way too much- Anime, with an ultimate goal of 'conversational' knowledge of Japan. Nothing that is going to get me saying really complex words, but enough to hold an average conversation, with an aim to gaining a TEFL certificate in the future, and trying to teach English in Japan. They appear to basically be like "as long as your English is pretty top notch, and you know enough Japanese to interact confidently with students and colleagues, come on in!". My English is fairly high rated in terms of certificates & qualifications, although I am prone to using too much grammar and throwing commas in too often, so... oops.
Anywho, I'm able to recognise certain words and phrases now, I've started watching generic Japanese TV which is honestly about as middling as British TV is during the day time, a lot of nonsense and clearly quickly made things because we need to smash an episode out every day. I'm learning more phrases on it than Anime ever did, barely surprising I know. Thankfully Japanese is fairly easy to write using characters familiar to me, "Good morning, how are you today?" would be "Ohayō kyō wa dōdesu ka". My biggest absolute issue is learning Japanese characters, in any of the scripts used, Katakana, Kanji or Hiragana. Most translators translate the above sentence as 'おはよう今日はどうですか', and no I can't even tell what script that is, at a guess, Kanji, which seems to be the 'every day' script from what I can tell.

Also from adverts on Japanese TV, I've come to figure that Japan has a TV licence that is used to fund a public broadcaster there. I'm happy that it isn't just us British being weird with TV licences and the like!
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Two random questions that have popped into my head.

1. If a vampire drinks tainted blood, what would happen to them giving they are essentially dead?

2. How would a long neck dinosaur wear a tie?

Night shifts do weird things to some people :D.

Return to “Off-Topic”