YASS - Yet Another Station Set - Under Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: YASS - Yet Another Station Set - Under Development

Post by kamnet »

Quast65 wrote: 28 May 2023 11:47 We are also gonna need more than 255 GRFs in an active game ;-)
So much great new stuff has been made lately! :bow:
Well, consolidate all the Dutch Stations and we'll have a couple more slots freed up ;)
Oshawotta737
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oshawotta737 »

Trolley Trev wrote: 28 May 2023 05:05 Ok, here is another release for alpha testing.

Due to this GRF containing more than 255 station objects, it can only be played on a nightly greater than or equal to 20230510. Unfortunately, things like JGR's patch pack don't support that feature (yet) but I suspect it will be supported from the next release.

Known Bugs:
Strings for station objects with ID > 255 are not supported yet. As such, many, many tiles are labelled as "Default Station" and there are 2 class names defined from IDs > 255 which are only showing up as a blank, but the tiles are still in them.

By the time this set is officially released, I expect that any features it needs will be supported in stable and hopefully JGR's patchpack. If not, I will split it into several smaller GRFs but I'm hoping to avoid that.

Updates with this one:
Terminal Platforms!

YASS.grf
I can't wait for this set to be complete. It looks amazing and all of your hard work has paid off!
Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trolley Trev »

Ok, it's been a while but the coding has been hell and I've been busy with other stuff too lol.

This one introduces... Auto Stations!!

Only for through stations at this stage. Will add terminal auto-stations at a later date. Also will add a "Lucky Dip" option too haha.

As for compatibility issues, I'm not expecting this GRF to work with trunk until 14.0. It might work with the nightlies, I'm not sure, but it does work with the latest version of JGR's patch pack, which, let's be real, is superior to trunk anyway lol.

Known Issues:
There's still an issue with station string names at this time. Not sure if that's NML's problem or JGRPP's problem yet, but what it means is that the first 255 station strings are blank. Not really an issue except for the auto stations, as these use generic icons. So, in order, for your information:

1: Auto Station - Basic, Through
2: Auto Station - Island Basic, Through
3: Auto Station - With Old Shelter, Through
4: Auto Station - Island With Old Shelter, Through
5: Auto Station - With New Shelter, Through
6: Auto Station - Island With New Shelter, Through

There are also a few minor issues with footbridge placement when the platform length exceeds 16 tiles in length. But you can always overwrite dodgy ones with specific tiles anyway.

Please let me know of any bugs you find. I have tested it but it's no substitute for game-play testing.

Enjoy!

YASS.grf
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

I have found a small bug with the stairs to street they are missaligned two pixels to far up. ImageI also don't see the use for the particular piece that is shown here since it needs a complete canopy which would not be possible if you have a road there. I would consider removing them in order to clean up the purchase menu a bit.

edit: I forgot to say that this is an amazing set that you've made and ask if it is possible to add stairs to platform and not just to road.
Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trolley Trev »

Hey thanks for that. I will look into it. Probably some offsets wrong in the spriteset.

The purpose of that piece is that I plan to have an overlapping tile at some point.
Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trolley Trev »

Brickblock1 wrote: 01 Jul 2023 10:25 I have found a small bug with the stairs to street they are missaligned two pixels to far up. ImageI also don't see the use for the particular piece that is shown here since it needs a complete canopy which would not be possible if you have a road there. I would consider removing them in order to clean up the purchase menu a bit.

edit: I forgot to say that this is an amazing set that you've made and ask if it is possible to add stairs to platform and not just to road.
Should be fixed now.

YASS.grf
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

Return to “Graphics Development”