[JGRpp] Motor City, 1910 - (Hopefully) authentic scenario for the Birth of the Automobile!

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

[JGRpp] Motor City, 1910 - (Hopefully) authentic scenario for the Birth of the Automobile!

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Hey guys,

After Fortune Bay, Motor City is my second handcrafted scenario for JGRpp. The starting date is 1910 and as the name implies, the goal is to build us some automobiles. In alternate reality North Korea. Well, I did like the highmap for varied and challenging terrain! Unlike Fortune Bay, this is a much larger 4k by 4k map which took about six months to populate. Every town, every industry and every piece of road were set down manually --- I did everything myself for a hopefully authentic gameplay experience using some period maps for reference. Most of the population centers and heavy industry are concentrated along the coasts and the area around Springwells Harbour, whereas the northern part and especially the highlands are a lot sparser by comparison. There are some sealed roads radiating away from the capital, but it's mostly dirt and gravel everywhere else.

Highmap: North Korea from BANANAS (modified)
Towns: Managed by the Villages is Villages script
Industries: Static and managed by VisV (can be disabled in the scenario editor). I think the game tends to spawn way too many industries during actual gameplay.

General setup with daylength 75:
- FIRS 3 using the Steeltown preset
- U&RaTT 0.7a
- UKRS2, 600mm narrow gauge, interurbans, HEQS, eGRVTS2, Mop's vehicle pack, SHARK, AV8, General AV8
- A couple of station sets.
- Running costs adjusted with BaseCosts 4.0 because scaling was WAY off and prevented many vehicles from ever turning a profit.
- Cargodist for PAX and cargo.

As always, don't forget to tweak the settings and newGRF parameters to your liking.

Kind Regards,
The Axe

Attachments
Motor City_daylength 75.scn
(13 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
MotorCity_supplemental newGRF package.zip
Includes AV8 with range limits removed.
(19.48 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
MotorCity_newGRF list.jpg
MotorCity_newGRF list.jpg (122.72 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”