Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

hogofwar
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mop's Expanded Road Vehicles

Post by hogofwar »

flp wrote: 11 Nov 2022 18:39 Not sure if it's a bug or the fault of my game settings, but when trucks leaving the depot, instead of the starting engine sound, i hear kind of a "blubb"-sound.

I am playing with JGRPP and tried also the latest version of your GRF.
I'm also getting this with JGRPP, on Heresy's versions as well. Apart from that everything seems to be looking good except for the bubble sound haha.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

kamnet wrote: 22 May 2023 18:07
Argus wrote: 22 May 2023 11:25 The rationale is simple, they are more ecological. Also, it would be rather strange if the new technology was worse than the old. So far it doesn't look like that in reality, true.
*cough* (warning, NSFW language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kOLhhSjl8
Yes, I know, that's what I meant when I wrote that it doesn't really look like better technology yet. :)
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

hogofwar wrote: 22 May 2023 19:28
flp wrote: 11 Nov 2022 18:39 Not sure if it's a bug or the fault of my game settings, but when trucks leaving the depot, instead of the starting engine sound, i hear kind of a "blubb"-sound.
I'm also getting this with JGRPP, on Heresy's versions as well. ...
Highly likely it is an issue with the GRF, i.e. the GRF developer has not set the Sound Effect(s) correctly or not at all.
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ahyangyi »

Argus wrote: 22 May 2023 11:25 The rationale is simple, they are more ecological. Also, it would be rather strange if the new technology was worse than the old. So far it doesn't look like that in reality, true.
I was comparing Dual Mode Buses with pure Electric Buses, so arguing that the former is more ecological even when they run on non-electrified roads is really weird.

( that said, my source-digging has already answered myself... )
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

And it doesn't matter? Its only a game :) If I were to dwell on every illogicality in openttd... Anyway, this is best explained only by the author of the graphics. :)
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ahyangyi »

Yeah, of course I wouldn't question the realism, it's just a game. But even as a game, there are decisions and choices. Some games offer the players many meaningful choices; some other games offer the players many functional identical choices but with different visuals. They can both be valid. I just wanted to know the intention.

Anyways, the Dual Mode Buses actually had a penalty when running in non-electrified roads (if you missed that part in my long post).

So I arrived in my conclusion: it's both visual and functional. In other words: it works.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

supermop wrote: 12 Aug 2022 02:46 ...
Heresy wrote: 29 Aug 2022 23:22 Attached is version 0.9.3 compiled GRF and source (includes GRF in archive).
It's been over a year and a half, could we get this added to Bananas in time for OpenTTD 14.0?
Lurkmore
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lurkmore »

kamnet wrote: 26 Mar 2024 09:01
Heresy wrote: 29 Aug 2022 23:22 Attached is version 0.9.3 compiled GRF and source (includes GRF in archive).
It's been over a year and a half, could we get this added to Bananas in time for OpenTTD 14.0?
Seconded!
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

kamnet wrote: 26 Mar 2024 09:01
Was away for Easter so didn't really catch this before now.
I've sent a message to Supermop as I see they've been here recently, just to see what they prefer as they are the original author :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”