What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by CTarana45 »

I just installed Triple A, and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
TripleA!.jpg
(235.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

SimCity 4! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
SimCity 4!.jpg
(138.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I played on the Vista computer also! :lol: DarwinBot's!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
DarwinBots!.jpg
(290.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

VDrift! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
VDrift.jpg
(360.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I recently remembered I had backed as a Kickstarter many years ago, a successor the 'Pharaoh' city builder game, a game in the vein of the Roman based Caesar 3, or Zeus: Master of Olympus for an ancient Greek spin (there were -a lot- of these for a time').
To that end i loaded up Pharaoh: A New Era. It's like a blast from my teens, its perfect in so many ways, really captures the old feeling, without changing anything needlessly. Admittedly there's a few quirks in there, but they were in the original game too, such as the AI not walking needed service NPCs down certain routes often enough, but hey, minor inconveniences.
So to sum it up, great game, if you loved the old ancient area themed building games, 100% recommended!

I do spend a lot of time staring at the computer wondering why arrow keys aren't moving the map about, then remember its WASD, dang alt-tabbing with OpenTTD and it :lol: Surely a good sign if the only change that i can't get used to that fast is moving arrow to WASD!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Speaking of Caesar 3, I recently picked up the Augustus patch again. It's an open source clone of Caesar 3 which has been expanded with loads of new features, kind of like an equivalent of JGRPP. Check it out if you're interested: https://github.com/Keriew/augustus
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Redirect Left wrote: 21 Jun 2023 10:20 I recently remembered I had backed as a Kickstarter many years ago, a successor the 'Pharaoh' city builder game, a game in the vein of the Roman based Caesar 3, or Zeus: Master of Olympus for an ancient Greek spin (there were -a lot- of these for a time').
To that end i loaded up Pharaoh: A New Era. It's like a blast from my teens, its perfect in so many ways, really captures the old feeling, without changing anything needlessly. Admittedly there's a few quirks in there, but they were in the original game too, such as the AI not walking needed service NPCs down certain routes often enough, but hey, minor inconveniences.
So to sum it up, great game, if you loved the old ancient area themed building games, 100% recommended!

I do spend a lot of time staring at the computer wondering why arrow keys aren't moving the map about, then remember its WASD, dang alt-tabbing with OpenTTD and it :lol: Surely a good sign if the only change that i can't get used to that fast is moving arrow to WASD!
The original Pharaoh demo was one of my earliest forays into PC gaming, and when I later got the full game I sunk hundreds of hours into it alongside TTD. I'm waiting for a few more patches before I try the new remaster properly, given it has a few issues outstanding (like bugging out if your monuments go off the top of the map).
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I like the board game Risk! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Risk!.jpg
(467.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I am obviously completely hooked on Starfield right now. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I'm 35 hours in and I have only done two main story missions. I've done some 60ish side quests and about 35 minor faction quests. They hooked me, I went off-track, boom. I've also got my hands on a lovely ship from a quest line. I rebuilt it into a massive mess of cargo holds and workshops, science bays, etc. to maximise the usefulness.

I guess it's about time I start actually playing the game, no? This is a huge game. Going off-track like I do, I think this game is easily 100+ hours of actual quality content.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I had Ascii Sector installed on the Vista computer and now its the 7! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Nascar Racing 3! :arrow:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Nascar Racing 3.jpg
(508.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Aces of the Deep! :lol: The basic version! Aces of Deep with the MED sea!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Aces of the deep.jpg
(296.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Aces of Deep with the med sea.jpg
(342.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Games on the Seven Computer! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Games On The Seven Computer!.jpg
(359.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific RailRoad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pacific RailRoad »

For the past few months, I've been sinking my teeth into League of Legends, often indulging in a few matches after a long day at work. It's become somewhat of a routine for me - working, unwinding, taking a breather, and just escaping into the dynamic world of LoL.
At first, I'll admit, it wasn't easy. Being a newbie, the complexity of the interface and combinations of abilities challenged me. But you know how it is with these things, it's always hard at first until you find your rhythm.
That rhythm came for me when I started using this LoL script. This script enhanced my gameplay in ways I hadn't anticipated. It might sound almost too simplistic, but it truly allows me to relax more during playtime. I've realized that there's significantly less pressure for me to constantly be on my guard because the script does a good deal of heavy lifting. Now, I can focus more on enjoying my playtime and trying out new strategies.
Last edited by Pacific RailRoad on 18 Dec 2023 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
__==Chop Chop , That's all Lads , Go home now if you don't have plan to replay==__
My youtube (Locomotions videos shenanigans) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrsVWb ... e97MVmrSkg
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I managed to dig out a copy of my favourite football manager game, Total Club Manager 2004. I used to play it back in, well 2004, on Windows XP. When I migrated to Windows 7, I struggled but managed to get it running. When I made the next move, to Windows 10, it just would not launch. I probably haven't been able to play it since 2015-2016. Recently I stumbled upon a thread where they said you can add older games to Steam's library and launching through there. I did, and it worked! Who knew Steam had better Backward compatibility than Windows itself?

So now I am playing as Nottingham Forest. In our first season, 2003-04, we won the Championship so moved into Premier League for the following season. That season, I finished a shock 4th, meaning I secured Champions League or the 2005-06 season. My second season in the Premier League which went quite well also, finishing 3rd to secure another season of European football.

Now in my 4th season, 2006-07, Nottingham Forest are ready to dominate the world of football. I signed Iker Casillas who was benched at Real Madrid (they signed Oliver Kahn from Bayern München), and I have also picked up a few other strays who were unhappy at their previous clubs. Focusing on atmosphere over fitness, my players seem to enjoy playing and this is providing results.

On a separate note, Sweden won the 2004 European Championship (I was not involved, I did not coach a national team) and then in 2006, Ukraine beat Bosnia to win the gold at the FIFA World Cup, with South Africa securing the bronze medal. Sooo, maybe this game is not all too realistic?

Fans are obviously flocking to see Nottingham Forest play. Our arena City Ground has been expanded once to 52,000 seats and I just greenlit a further expansion bringing it to a capacity of somewhere like 80,000. More fans = More money!
My Scenarios:
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Kobel Quest! :lol: From the same author of Dwarf Fortress!

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
KobelQuest!.jpg
(509.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've been indulging in Planet X16, the fourth entry into the "Planet X" franchise. These are new 8-bit video games produced by YouTube creator "The 8-Bit Guy" David Murray and a team of enthusiasts who have released previously on many retro platforms such as the Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amiga and MS-DOS.

Planet X16 breaks from that, it's only available in three ways: purchasing Murray's Commander X16 8-bit computer system, running t in the Commander X16 emulator, or buying it on Steam starting January 1st.

The story is that your military has landed on a planet to do battle with the Protoids. Harvesting gas, minerals and electricity from the planet, you will build out your base and weapons and engage in battle. You win when you've destroyed the enemy's headquarters and all of their buildings.

If you've never played it before, it will have a slight learning curve to understand the hotkeys and what all the buttons do and what troops and vehicles can do and how to steer them. There are no pop-up or mouse-over tips to help you with this due to the limited nature of the 8-bit system. But once you play a few games on easy mode, you'll get with it. And you will want to learn those hotkeys. Once you start playing on normal or hard mode, the Protoids will build faster than you and move faster than you and all you have for initial protection is distance, obstacles and time. Your resources will be constrained at the start so you need to balance construction of facilities and weaponry or else you may be hit with a surprise attack with no defenses. On hard mode you will have two Protoid bases you'll need to take out.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Dwarf Fortress! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Attachments
Dwarf Fortess!.jpg
(134.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Chrill wrote: 15 Dec 2023 01:43 I managed to dig out a copy of my favourite football manager game, Total Club Manager 2004
I've spent a couple of hours updating and modifying the database of this game. It came pre-packaged with an Editor that hasn't worked since Windows XP but I managed to get it running again when installing the game in a regular folder rather than the default installation destination.

I've added a lot of real club names, changed the name of all generic clubs to their real-life counterparts, added stadiums, and even added the Swedish 2nd division "Superettan". I would love to dive further and actually start making some graphical changes, add new sponsors, perhaps enable a higher resolution (it only runs 800 x 600), but these require coding skills I lack. :mrgreen: It's also perhaps not worth modding a game that I might very possibly be alone in playing.

Anyway, with this new database up and running I decided to bring Leyton Orient to the Premier League. As of the 2003-04 season, they were in the "Football League 3rd Division", which became League Two in 2004 so I renamed the leagues as well.

We won League Two, and are doing OK in League One as well. I am likely achieving back-to-back promotions but I think the Championship could prove challenging. It's quite a step up!
My Scenarios:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Decided to give Project Highrise a proper spin. This came out in 2016 , heavily inspired by SimTower and it's direct Maxis sister Yoot Tower. It's a little different, but unlike those two games there's actual DLC and it can be modded. I've had fun with the mods and modding the mods, but playing the game and the challenges has been fun.

Return to “Off-Topic”