The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Redirect Left »

I really need to stop using websites whose emails are full of vagueness. I keep getting excited every time I play the U.S. Powerball or lotteries of other countries when the email they send is like "omg you won!" instead of "hi, look it ain't much but you won this amount: £x.xx". Like just tell me up front instead of making me click a link, because when I click it, I invariably find out what I actually won was like... £3. At least I can treat myself to a singular bag of Haribo sweets!

Also for some reason my physio appointments have been moved from the local city's Hospital, to a small Doctor's Surgery in a nearby village. I can't even think of what was going through the health services minds when they decided to make all the physio appointments have to get somewhere tiny instead of the local hospital with fantastic bus routes, did they forget people who are going to physiotherapy might not be able to walk all that much? Safe to say everyone is now completely ragging on that decision in the silly little "Your Thoughts" form you can pick up before/after the appointment on the little coffee table with 5 year old copies of Cosmopolitan and sadly 100% not any old issues of Rail Magazine to keep me occupied. So hopefully they listen and move us back to a convenient easy to get to on public transport place.

I keep wanting to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach to finally ride the Big One, but I keep getting put off by things like this, it seems to be fairly unreliable these days :(
It also makes me wonder if they enforce that all riders must be fairly competent on their feet,in case they have to walk down stairs, if so I'm out anyway, my MS makes walking on anything other than flat land (which is honestly very hard in England already...) quite painful and i can't go all that far before i have to take a break or collapse to the floor in a very overly dramatic fashion. I might be ill, but I still have to be fabulous after all.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Redirect Left wrote: 18 Apr 2023 04:18 "Which American City is famous for the windy road named Lombard Street?", I confidently answered "San Fierro". "Wrong, San Francisco".
It just goes to show that San Andreas will always have a place in your mind. :wink:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 26 Apr 2023 18:27
Redirect Left wrote: 18 Apr 2023 04:18 "Which American City is famous for the windy road named Lombard Street?", I confidently answered "San Fierro". "Wrong, San Francisco".
It just goes to show that San Andreas will always have a place in your mind. :wink:
Strippturer AB is the official bus company of San Fierro. And Las Venturas. And Los Santos.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Of all the things that could have happened to me last night, it just had to be arriving for work a night early. Only been there a month. Feel really stupid having done that :roll:.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Chrill wrote: 27 Apr 2023 10:57
Saibot wrote: 26 Apr 2023 18:27
Strippturer AB is the official bus company of San Fierro. And Las Venturas. And Los Santos.
And all the other little villages in between. And Mount Chilliad for some reason...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 13 May 2023 17:25 And all the other little villages in between. And Mount Chilliad for some reason...
I'd argue there is room to open a Stagecoach business in Saint Denis, Strawberry, Valentine, Blackwater, Tumbleweed, Annesburg, and Rhodes.
Attachments
strawberry.jpg
strawberry.jpg (231.38 KiB) Viewed 72384 times
My Scenarios:
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

I should really get around to playing that game some day, I bought it on a sale on Steam last year but I just haven't had the time.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 17 May 2023 19:43 I should really get around to playing that game some day, I bought it on a sale on Steam last year but I just haven't had the time.
I will spoil it for you. Arthur Morgan, the protagonist, is actually the founder of the Epsilon Program from the GTA series. He ascends to Kifflom by locating 20 dinosaur bones and building a spaceship.

Also, send me a PM with your Steam hand... it's Saibot is it not? YOU MOVED TO BORLÄNGE? You're not in Orust anymore?! What the heck. Unless of course you are not Saibot on Steam, in which case a fraudster in Borlänge is impersonating you.

EDIT: See now, I am a good stalker. So I know that, without spoiling it publicly, your "street" is just a village name with the number 120 behind it, and you do live on the mainland but definitely not in Dalarna. Lovely white house, red Ford F150 and a greyish Volvo V90. Plus a tractor, it's a nice thing to have.
My Scenarios:
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Chrill wrote: 19 May 2023 11:54 I will spoil it for you. Arthur Morgan, the protagonist, is actually the founder of the Epsilon Program from the GTA series. He ascends to Kifflom by locating 20 dinosaur bones and building a spaceship.
Great, now I don't need to play it anymore!
Chrill wrote: 19 May 2023 11:54 Also, send me a PM with your Steam hand... it's Saibot is it not? YOU MOVED TO BORLÄNGE? You're not in Orust anymore?! What the heck. Unless of course you are not Saibot on Steam, in which case a fraudster in Borlänge is impersonating you.

EDIT: See now, I am a good stalker. So I know that, without spoiling it publicly, your "street" is just a village name with the number 120 behind it, and you do live on the mainland but definitely not in Dalarna. Lovely white house, red Ford F150 and a greyish Volvo V90. Plus a tractor, it's a nice thing to have.
I'll give you some stalker points, but I don't have a greyish V90 though... Not sure if the house qualifies for "lovely" either but that's up to you really. :wink:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 20 May 2023 13:28 I'll give you some stalker points, but I don't have a greyish V90 though... Not sure if the house qualifies for "lovely" either but that's up to you really. :wink:
Well, do you have a black Volvo V90 from 2018? The Internet thinks you do.
My Scenarios:
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

It's actually from 2017 but yes :mrgreen:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You still didn't tell me your Steam ID. I need to play games with you again, it's been a while! Also I'm sort of unemployed at the moment so I have lots of spare time :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Every time I see cheap diet pepsi, or coke, I'm like, what a shame, I wonder what would happen if I just added the sugar back in.
So today I finally added a spoon of sugar in, result no it doesn't make it nicer at all.

These are things I know now.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Redirect Left wrote: 25 May 2023 11:51 Every time I see cheap diet pepsi, or coke, I'm like, what a shame, I wonder what would happen if I just added the sugar back in.
So today I finally added a spoon of sugar in, result no it doesn't make it nicer at all.

These are things I know now.
How much sugar? A standard 500ml bottle only has 54 grams :wink:
And out of curiosity, what does it taste like?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

dol422 wrote: 25 May 2023 13:30 How much sugar? A standard 500ml bottle only has 54 grams :wink:
I added 2x tablespoons full, which is about 12 grams each, they weren't level, a little heaped so lets round it out to probably around 30 grams.
dol422 wrote: 25 May 2023 13:30 And out of curiosity, what does it taste like?
When you add the sugar, the drink fizzes up a bit, so you lose some of the carbonation, and I don't have the tools to add that back, so it tastes a bit sweeter, and a bit flatter fizz wise, but also most of the sugar doesn't entirely dissolve so you're left with a bunch of sugar at the bottom of the can.

All in all, a failed experiment. I used Coke Zero Taste for this, maybe Pepsi takes it better?

A while back I did consider contacting a local(ish) producer of small batch prototypes for drinks, and seeing if I could come up with a nice & cheap energy drink recipe, at least now I know why stuff like that is left to professionals with professional tools, rather than a mad man and a spoon.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I converted from sugary drinks to diet versions about 5 years ago. It took a week before I had adjusted to the flavour, and now the real Cokes and Pepsis just taste like pure syrup. Leaves a disgusting veil of sugar on my teeth too. I could never go back to the sugary ones.
My Scenarios:
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Chrill wrote: 25 May 2023 17:06 I could never go back to the sugary ones.
Same here, besides the diet/zero ones both taste better, whereas I can definitely taste the amount of sugar that the non-diet ones have.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 25 May 2023 17:06 I converted from sugary drinks to diet versions about 5 years ago. It took a week before I had adjusted to the flavour, and now the real Cokes and Pepsis just taste like pure syrup. Leaves a disgusting veil of sugar on my teeth too. I could never go back to the sugary ones.
I'm definitely the total opposite of that, like whenever a company is like INTRODUCING OUR NEW, LOWER SUGAR CONTENT [food here] I'm like, excuse me, i want the sugar. I want my breakfast cereals to be basically sugar soup. I've got over the whole yeah I'm fat, I'll die younger than national average living and i just want to enjoy nice sweet food. There's a youtube sponsor common currently for 'Magic Spoon' cereal, an 'adult version' of cereal, and I'm like, ok protein, not quite what i want in my cereal but that's... not bad, but also where did you put the sugar? as an adult i want as much sugar as i was fed when i was 10 :(

The world seems to just ignore how some people actually want unhealthy stuff. Like if a burger isn't dripping in grease, at the current price of them, I ain't happy!
I basically never grew out of my childhood tastebuds I think. I'm still all about the chocolate and sweet sugary stuff, and I still can't handle any heat, zero chillis or peppers for me please, I have had gingerbread men, that was a little too... gingery for my ability to handle stuff.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Having lost the function of most of my pancreas, I have to be keenly aware of just how much sugar I intake. I'm living on borrowed time until my kidneys fail and I need a donor, or I just go on dialysis to live out my days in misery until my body can just no longer keep up.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Chrill wrote: 24 May 2023 07:56 You still didn't tell me your Steam ID. I need to play games with you again, it's been a while! Also I'm sort of unemployed at the moment so I have lots of spare time :mrgreen:
If I'm not mistaken all you need is the name of the island I lived on and the number 90 added on the end.
Redirect Left wrote: 25 May 2023 17:56 I'm like, excuse me, i want the sugar.
I will, as strange as it may sound, side with you on this question, I demand sugar in my food - it doesn't have to be excessive amounts - but I really don't like the sugar free, options at all.

Return to “Off-Topic”