Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by OzTrans »

George wrote: 07 May 2023 12:42
OzTrans wrote: 01 May 2023 23:26 What japerson (and me) like to know are the rules for placing industries, ...
do you mean this?
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Agricu ... nstruction
Yes, that will do, but has to be dug up for each industry. Would it be possible to include more details in each error message; e.g. "should be built in towns with more inhabitants" could read "should be built in towns with a population of at least nn inhabitants".
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

OzTrans wrote: 07 May 2023 22:59
George wrote: 07 May 2023 12:42
OzTrans wrote: 01 May 2023 23:26 What japerson (and me) like to know are the rules for placing industries, ...
do you mean this?
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Agricu ... nstruction
Yes, that will do, but has to be dug up for each industry. Would it be possible to include more details in each error message; e.g. "should be built in towns with more inhabitants" could read "should be built in towns with a population of at least nn inhabitants".
As soon as I start working on ECS 2.0 - yes, but it is not likely to happen any time soon.
Image Image Image Image
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

George wrote: 10 May 2023 05:37 As soon as I start working on ECS 2.0 - yes, but it is not likely to happen any time soon.
Take your time; I'll use this approach, when I get to my industry GRF; not that this will happen any time soon either.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I have a problem with the tourist center. Yes, I understand that you can't build two castle Karlštejn, but why can't you build even more lookouts?
alc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alc »

Hi,
i am have a problem with a plastic plant that is not consuming the glass. It does consume the refined products.
I couldn't found this issue on this thread. It's just me or there is some newGRF to correct this? Or the newGRF order is not correct?
I am using all ECS vectors with ECSext and Banks to supplement ECS Vectors.

Are available the .grf source files? To try to understand if there is a problem on the .grf?

Regards,
Alberto
Attachments
Petbourne Transport, 1823-08-20.sav
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

alc wrote: 17 Jan 2024 20:16 I am using all ECS vectors with ECSext and Banks to supplement ECS Vectors.
ECS allows for stockpiling of excessive cargo instead of instant consumption. I ran the game on fast forward for several minutes. I observed the processing cargo fluctuate between 180 and 520 crates of glass, and the stockpiled amount fluctuate between 1200 and 2700 crates of glass.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

But this needs to be set, otherwise in ECS, cargo that does not fit into the warehouse is not paid.
ECS would be a good industry, but I don't think it's well tuned - for example, an orchard doesn't produce fruit in December, that's fine, but it's not fine in the tropics.
alc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alc »

kamnet wrote: 17 Jan 2024 22:06
alc wrote: 17 Jan 2024 20:16 I am using all ECS vectors with ECSext and Banks to supplement ECS Vectors.
ECS allows for stockpiling of excessive cargo instead of instant consumption. I ran the game on fast forward for several minutes. I observed the processing cargo fluctuate between 180 and 520 crates of glass, and the stockpiled amount fluctuate between 1200 and 2700 crates of glass.
Thanks for your reply and for checking my game!
For the first phrase, i understand that you refer to the ECS...grf parameter "No stockpile limit". I prefer to keep it off for "realism".
The behavior I would expect for the glass is the same as it happen for the refined products. A refined product train arrives and the stockpile increase and slowly, as production is ongoing the stockplie decrease.
I record a video where I did a fast forward. I also set 3 counters for refined products, glass and goods trains. After 47 trains carrying refined products for a total of 11.3 million liters and 56 goods trains for a total of 14280 goods but the glass stockpile did not reduce at all. 4 trains carrying 180 boxes of glass each, 720 in total.
On other attemped of fast forward, I saw 2 glass stockpile reductions but I believe that happend on a change of level of production.

With yagl I converted the ECSBasic and ECSChem.grf to NML but failes with ECSHouse.grf and I am trying to understand them. I did time ago an script but I have no experience with NML so I am studying.

Regards,
Alberto
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

alc wrote: 18 Jan 2024 15:04 With yagl I converted the ECSBasic and ECSChem.grf to NML but failes with ECSHouse.grf and I am trying to understand them. I did time ago an script but I have no experience with NML so I am studying.
If you're having trouble with stuff converted into YAGL, it might be an issue itself. ECS is pretty old and some of the stuff it may do might not entirely be properly in-spec with current NFO, so YAGL might not know how to deal with it. Check with UnicycleBloke.
alc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alc »

alc wrote: 17 Jan 2024 20:16 Hi,
i am have a problem with a plastic plant that is not consuming the glass. It does consume the refined products.
I couldn't found this issue on this thread. It's just me or there is some newGRF to correct this? Or the newGRF order is not correct?
I am using all ECS vectors with ECSext and Banks to supplement ECS Vectors.

Are available the .grf source files? To try to understand if there is a problem on the .grf?

Regards,
Alberto
I reply to myself and to keep it clear is not an ECS issue.
When I asked on this post, I was transporting goods but not building materials. Continue playing and I could start transporting building materials and at this point, the glass stockpile started to reduce.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

alc wrote: 18 Jan 2024 15:04
kamnet wrote: 17 Jan 2024 22:06
Thanks for your reply and for checking my game!
For the first phrase, i understand that you refer to the ECS...grf parameter "No stockpile limit". I prefer to keep it off for "realism".
The behavior I would expect for the glass is the same as it happen for the refined products. A refined product train arrives and the stockpile increase and slowly, as production is ongoing the stockplie decrease.
I record a video where I did a fast forward. I also set 3 counters for refined products, glass and goods trains. After 47 trains carrying refined products for a total of 11.3 million liters and 56 goods trains for a total of 14280 goods but the glass stockpile did not reduce at all. 4 trains carrying 180 boxes of glass each, 720 in total.
On other attemped of fast forward, I saw 2 glass stockpile reductions but I believe that happend on a change of level of production.

With yagl I converted the ECSBasic and ECSChem.grf to NML but failes with ECSHouse.grf and I am trying to understand them. I did time ago an script but I have no experience with NML so I am studying.

Regards,
Alberto
If you are interested in creating ECS 2.0 with NML - you are welcome.
As for the old set, it is commented via actions C (see the file attached)
Attachments
ECSChem2 Plastic plant.zip
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Image Image Image Image
gposhka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gposhka »

Hi. I assume there are a problem with decrease of production of textile factory. it's decreasing accepted cargo to 0 from thousands with some amount in storage. I have checked the logic of productivity change on wiki and comparing to other factories in other vectors this one have most complex formula, that seems to fail. For example furniture factory compares constant values from table and stored products and transportation level. Also it can only decrease or increase by one lvl. Textile factory have formula: max (min (Wool * 1/4, Dyes * 57/4), (min (Fibre crops * 17/20, Dyes * 32/5)) and decreases to any lvl. Thats making a problem when it requires thousand of products and changes requirement to 0. Also i dont understand why this factory have ability to 0 requirements. I think if factory is not used anymore it must decrease to minimal values from table not 0 it.

Anyway ECS is great, thanks for it. i just want to clarify is this ok or it can be changed to be more player friendly).
Attachments
ingame screenshot.png
example of 0ing required products
(659.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
gposhka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gposhka »

I have another question. Is it intended that beer factory stops accepting fruits and 0es stash capacity and storage of them if grain is available in storage?
Also i found that some productions in different vectors are still being built even when setting cancelling it. If its interesting i will list them.
Last edited by gposhka on 09 Mar 2024 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

gposhka wrote: 09 Mar 2024 09:35 I have another question. Is it intended that beer factory stops accepting fruits and 0es stash capacity and storage of them if grain is available in storage?
Also i found that some productions in different vectors are still being built even when setting cancelling it. If its interesting i will list them.
Well, to be honest ...
ECS 1 will not be fixed, and ECS 2 was not started. In case it is started, all the code would be rewritten completely, so it would have its own bugs :)

As for textile mill ...
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Agricultural_Vector._Textile_Mill wrote:Cargo acceptance is limited by storage capacity. The storage for Wool and Fibre crops is same. The usage of this storage is calculated as Wool / 4 + Fibre crops (tons). If the stockpile is in overflow, the industry stops accepting cargo until the stockpile is down to 50% of capacity, at which point the industry will start accepting cargo again.
As for brewery ...
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Agricultural_Vector._Brewery wrote:Cargo acceptance is limited by storage capacity. If the Fruit or Cereals stockpile is in overflow, the overflowing cargo is accepted and immediately removed from the store into nowhere. For Glass the situation is different. If the Glass stockpile is in overflow, the industry stops accepting cargo until the stockpile is down to 50% of capacity, at which point the industry will start accepting cargo again.
This means cereals / fruits are always accepted, but are not stored above limit.
Such behavior is common for agricultural vector industries, like tinning factory and food plant.
Image Image Image Image
gposhka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gposhka »

George wrote: 10 Mar 2024 17:23
gposhka wrote: 09 Mar 2024 09:35 I have another question. Is it intended that beer factory stops accepting fruits and 0es stash capacity and storage of them if grain is available in storage?
Well, to be honest ...
ECS 1 will not be fixed, and ECS 2 was not started. In case it is started, all the code would be rewritten completely, so it would have its own bugs :)

As for textile mill ...
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Agricultural_Vector._Textile_Mill wrote:Cargo acceptance is limited by storage capacity. The storage for Wool and Fibre crops is same. The usage of this storage is calculated as Wool / 4 + Fibre crops (tons). If the stockpile is in overflow, the industry stops accepting cargo until the stockpile is down to 50% of capacity, at which point the industry will start accepting cargo again.
can i get the source code of ecs and vectors? without overflows this mechanic of textile mill is just strange. why it cant be as steel mill...
Last edited by gposhka on 10 Mar 2024 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

gposhka wrote: 10 Mar 2024 17:38 can i get the source code of ecs and vectors? without overflows this mechanic of textile mill is just strange. why it cant be as steel mill...
In case you want to fix NFOs, you can decompile the GRFs with GRF codec. All the comments in code are done with action 0C.
In case you want to rewrite ECS in nml - feel free to contact me, I'll provide any information and graphics sources I have
Image Image Image Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

George wrote: 13 Mar 2024 06:32 In case you want to fix NFOs, you can decompile the GRFs with GRF codec. All the comments in code are done with action 0C.
Another option would be to decompile using YAGL, which should allow one to edit and add in any modern updates.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”