Is there a way to join a multiplayer server and make an ai play for you?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

YottaMxt
Engineer
Engineer

Is there a way to join a multiplayer server and make an ai play for you?

Post by YottaMxt »

Hi,

I sometimes join servers, but I need to leave later, so I was wondering if there's some way to make an ai play for you instead of leaving, and then be able to toggle between human-ai player (without being a server admin).

Thanks in advanced.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Is there a way to join a multiplayer server and make an ai play for you?

Post by Redirect Left »

I know there are AI's that can keep a company ticking over. However you won't be able to use that on a server unless the server operator enables it, and I thiiiink the AI has to create the company I don't think there's a way to assign an AI to a company it didn't create, then you can join it & do what you want, whilst the AI continues doing its own thing, hopefully helping you rather than hindering. I can't remember off-hand if you need to use cheats to take over the company or if you can join it with whatever password the AI protects it with. It's definitely possible on a local non-multiplayer game, as I've done it whilst doing mass AI testing to correct an AI track error.
Also remember, most servers enter a frozen (paused) state when the last person disconnects.

tldr; yes, but probably no if the server operator doesn't want it / put the AI there to start with.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “General OpenTTD”