Your favorite locomotive

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Your favorite locomotive

Post by dol422 »

Geo Ghost wrote: 26 Mar 2023 02:37
dol422 wrote: 18 Mar 2023 16:56 Although Lner's Azumas are alright. ---- the seats are very comfortable, and in my opinion much better than the InterCity 225s
I must say.. my buttock disagrees with you there :lol:
I was admittedly not as fond of the Class 800s at first. I had been given a excuse to finally use the train after many years and was hoping that I would be able to ride on a Class 91 (mostly due to them not being around for much longer).
Part of this reason being that it was the first train that I would have ridden that was not a Class 185 (the only passenger train I can expect to see from my local station, apart from a rare Northern unit).
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Your favorite locomotive

Post by Martin »

dol422 wrote: 18 Mar 2023 16:56 Only really used the 185s. Nice trains.
I agree, the 185s are really nice, I haven’t been on them for ages but always found that for a DMU it kind of felt like you were on a more major train, quite a step-up for the Furness line etc (although thinking about it the 175s were decent.)

I also quite like 158s but I can remember when they first came to this area (on the Scotland-Manchester service) they went straight from Class 86/Mk 2s to 2-car 158s. Let’s just say it caused certain problems with overcrowding, particularly since at the time that included the last train of the day from Scotland down this way!

As for Azumas, I don’t think I’ve actually seen one, last time I was on the ECML was in 1999 (Darlington-York), so it was nearly all 225s with some 125s.
:)

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”