JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Argus »

Unfortunately, the fix didn't help.
Scripts end up in an infinite loop, only tried two
Attachments
Brown & Co., 31. kvě 1920.png
(426.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gribble & Co., 31. říj 1848.png
(307.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 26 Mar 2023 09:39 Unfortunately, the fix didn't help.
Scripts end up in an infinite loop, only tried two
These messages do not stop the script from working. I don't know what these scripts are supposed to do, but presumably you can check if they are doing anything useful.
Presumably at some point the script authors will release a new version to address the issues before upstream version 14.0 is out.
Argus wrote: 25 Mar 2023 15:48 Another problem: Without any message, the setting whether the vehicles should drive on the left or the right does not respond.
Since it doesn't work even in vanilla version 13, it is probably some change in the behavior of this setting.
You cannot change the road vehicle driving side when there are road vehicles driving on the map.
You should remove all road vehicles or (for this branch) send them all into depots, to change this setting.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Well yes, but what if I have a script in the game that is no longer evolving?
Those messages are written in an infinite loop, I doubt it can't cause another problem...
As for changing the direction of travel, I don't know why I believe it could be changed earlier even though the vehicle was on the map.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 26 Mar 2023 21:15 Well yes, but what if I have a script in the game that is no longer evolving?
Those messages are written in an infinite loop, I doubt it can't cause another problem...
As for changing the direction of travel, I don't know why I believe it could be changed earlier even though the vehicle was on the map.
This does not look like an infinite loop to me in the problematic sense.
The whole point of most scripts is to repeatedly do the same things in a loop. e.g. repeatedly re-send the same strings to each town window.
When I get time I'll see if there's straightforward way to de-duplicate the warning messages.

As far as I am aware, changing the road vehicle driving side when there are road vehicles on the map has never been allowed.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I see, I might have confused that with another version of Tycoon :) In any case, he should inform the player that the change is not possible.
If these are warning messages, they must have a reason. I don't like this situation, but I understand that there is no time.
Unfortunately, this now means that after a short while you cannot get to the listing at the beginning.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Hello,

I'm back playing a little bit of OpenTTD and starting using some big trains (max 16). I always try to play with breakdowns/maintenance and more realistic way possible (like realistic breaking, more weight, hard economy etc). I've noted that with realistic breaking model enabled, a train going to depot causes it to slow down to 30km/h after ~3 or 4 tiles, it's a bug or feature? I'm fine with ~61km/h as standard but it halves the speed with realistic breaking, it's a little bit slow/annoying specially if playing on 1x day length and very big trains (5+ tiles).

Btw, liked the new very reduced breakdown, not really annoying at all playing with that!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

There was no problem with this script until now.
It should be fixed and yet it fell. Others write warnings.
Personally, I don't understand this move by the developers, unless they were afraid of some possible misuse of the scripts....
Attachments
Phillips & Co., 2. bře 1946.png
(171.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 28 Mar 2023 20:33 There was no problem with this script until now.
Personally, I don't understand this move by the developers, unless they were afraid of some possible misuse of the scripts....
If you can post a savegame which reproduces the script crash I can take a look at it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

nihues wrote: 27 Mar 2023 22:15 Hello,

I'm back playing a little bit of OpenTTD and starting using some big trains (max 16). I always try to play with breakdowns/maintenance and more realistic way possible (like realistic breaking, more weight, hard economy etc). I've noted that with realistic breaking model enabled, a train going to depot causes it to slow down to 30km/h after ~3 or 4 tiles, it's a bug or feature? I'm fine with ~61km/h as standard but it halves the speed with realistic breaking, it's a little bit slow/annoying specially if playing on 1x day length and very big trains (5+ tiles).

Btw, liked the new very reduced breakdown, not really annoying at all playing with that!
It's an implementation side effect which it never really occurred to me to change.
61 km/h is rather fast, and the slowing down behaviour never bothered me at a gameplay level.
It is pretty trivial to remove this though. I'll sort something out before the next release.
Edit: This is implemented now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mrjack2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mrjack2 »

Hi JGR, I have a feature suggestion for slots: I would love to have a "clear all trains from slot" option (for slot operations on routing restrictions and train orders). At present you can only remove the slot of the specific train passing through the signal, but I want to be able to fully clear every train from the slot, remotely from the signal or train that is triggering the operation.

I've been working on demand-responsive freight trains across an entire map. I've long been doing this just with conditional order jumps based on train loading, but this runs into "bunching" issues because each train has to make up its own mind, being unable to send a signal back down the line to other trains as to whether the link is full. A "splitter" approach (using the "percent of times" order) allowed some improvements, but slots and counters provide a more complete way of passing information around, although they neccesitate a more thorough move into a "hub and spoke" network structure with few through-stations, rather than my previous approach which allowed more of a "metro" style grid topology.

I have already been doing something that works with counters + slots, but this requires significant duplication of routing restrictions all over the map to detect when a link is full with counters, and I want to bring as much as possible off of the routing restrictions and onto the (mega-long) order list.

I believe that, with a "clear all from slot" option, I could implement what I want in a "simple" way (okay, not simple, but putting all the complexity in one place, the order list, rather than being spread across many different routing restrictions).
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

JGR wrote: 28 Mar 2023 21:32
If you can post a savegame which reproduces the script crash I can take a look at it.
Here is the game, saved practically immediately after the crash
It's this game scenario
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/scenario/00001935 -
I don't know if this is a link to a corrupted game scenario, I'd rather send the second version as well. Unbroken is a game without XIS.
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/scenario/00001936
Attachments
SAlpineregionxxskriptspadl.sav
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 29 Mar 2023 09:49
JGR wrote: 28 Mar 2023 21:32
Here is the game, saved practically immediately after the crash
It's this game scenario
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/scenario/00001935 -
I don't know if this is a link to a corrupted game scenario, I'd rather send the second version as well. Unbroken is a game without XIS.
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/scenario/00001936
The scenario savegame has some wrong/incomplete data for the script's saved state.
Just restart/reset the script.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thanks. How is that done? Somehow through the console?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Road Stop Suggestion

For menu displays, I am using 1x-zoom custom sprites for 2x-zoom menu displays for some of the road stop stations. Now, there is this road sprite showing its ugly head underneath.

Can we have a setting in 'Road stop Draw Mode 0x0C' not to draw the road/tram type overlay in menu displays; i.e. turning off bits 0 and 1 (if set).

-AND-

If Road Stops are set to One-way Road Direction, RVs double-park.

Can we have a flag in 'General Flags 0x12' not to allow RVs to double-park, if station has One-way Road Direction set.

Attachments
Container Transfer Terminal.png
(153.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kursku
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kursku »

First, thank you for this patch it's a completely new experience playing it.

But I see that there are plenty of strings that weren't translated to pt-br, is there anyone taking care of it?

Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hwello
kursku wrote: 30 Mar 2023 01:20 But I see that there are plenty of strings that weren't translated to pt-br, is there anyone taking care of it?
If strings are also part of OpenTTD itself and there is a translator for pt-br, those strings will taken over by JGR with a new version of JGRPP. If not, then not. Strings, that are part of patches, are normally provided in en-gb (British English) only. Those strings has to be translated by someone and has to be provided with a pull request in the JGRPP-Github-repository. In any case someone has to translate the strings. Maybe it's you, maybe it's someone else but maybe it is nobody.

Tschö, Auge
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I'm in the process of taking advantage of the facility to provide extra station names.

I've supplied a beta version of the .grf at viewtopic.php?t=90706

Please try it if you can. At least it gives an opportunity to avoid dozens of stations named 'station #88' or 'station #165' !!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I already have something similar, I don't know if it is specifically your version.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Where is it? I haven't seen it...maybe I haven't looked hard enough.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

3iff wrote: 30 Mar 2023 10:03 Where is it? I haven't seen it...maybe I haven't looked hard enough.
https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/4a475280 probably.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”