[OTTD] The Greenest Valley - South Wales

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] The Greenest Valley - South Wales

Post by andysine »

Greenest Valley Title.jpg
Greenest Valley Title.jpg (371.46 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
The Greenest Valley is a realistic and highly detailed scenario based on the valleys of South Wales. Spanning the busy urban ports of Cardiff, Newport and Barry to the towns at the heads of the valleys, such as Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney.

The scenario can be downloaded from BaNaNaS. I've kept the dependencies to a minimum, so players will need to add vehicle sets etc.
  • Map Size: 1024x1024
  • Start Date: 1860
  • OpenTTD 1.12.0 or newer
  • NewGRF Requirements: AIRS 1.2.1, RATT Roads and NewTrees
Coal and mineral transport dominates. Starting in 1860, players can expect to transport huge quantities of 'black gold' to simple Iron Works or for export at the Coal Stages. Local produce can be collected at Goods Yards and Breweries. From 1895, advanced steel production commences and larger quantities of ore can be imported from Ore Landings. In 1930, petroleum can be imported through the Liquids Terminal and from 1965, Intermodal Terminals offer a revolution in goods transport. Finally, from the year 2000, recyclables can be transported.

greenest_valley_map.jpg
greenest_valley_map.jpg (135.96 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
The map features over 270 cities, towns and villages with realistic industry placements. There are over 50 Coal Mines and a wide range of options for starting the game. Iron Ore is concentrated at the heads of the valleys and can be used to produce pig iron in nearby Iron Works.

Notes:
  • Players will need to add their own rail and road vehicle sets. Iron Horse 2 is recommended.
  • Secondary industry placement and funding is required, for example when the Steel Mill becomes available from 1895.
  • Using a day length patch (such as in JGRPP) is strongly recommended. There is much to do!
greenest_valley_cardiff.jpg
greenest_valley_cardiff.jpg (143.38 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

I hope you enjoy playing!

Available on BaNaNaS
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
RegalSeagull
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] The Greenest Valley - South Wales

Post by RegalSeagull »

Apologies if its obvious, but I'm somewhat new to this, the file lists NewTrees as a required NewGRF, but I have been unable to find this NewGRF anywhere online or ingame.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

NewTrees is not available, the author never uploaded them to Bananas. You can safely remove them and use Stolen Trees, or just run without a tree grf at all
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
WendellSenior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WendellSenior »

This looks amazing, thanks!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”