How to find city demands (for iOS TT mobile game)

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
game_tactics
Engineer
Engineer

How to find city demands (for iOS TT mobile game)

Post by game_tactics »

I understand this is OpenTTD and not the iOS version of the game.

I posted this same message in the reddit forums: https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/comme ... ame=iossmf and they sent me here to this forum

I also checked the TT mobile forums here on this site, and there has been no action there since 2013. Upon recognizing that, I decided to post this question here in the general area, in hopes I get some guidance by someone here that may be able to guide me.

My failure is, while playing the easy for beginners Desert Delirium scenario, I am getting obliterated by the Ai competitors.

The Ai:

• starts opening up industry in my cities probably two years later or so

• Ai competitor ends up doing a million times better than me in production & revenue in my own cities

• Ai performance rating soars to 7% and upwards as mine remains at 4.9% then decreases, then goes back up to 4.9%

what’s crazy here, the Desert Delirium scenario I am playing on, is labeled as a easy scenario. I’m that bad, 😂😂

In the city I have built a tram and stations to pick up and move around passengers, it is profitable.

In the town I have built a tram and food import from livestock farm to the town’s food processing plant… also profitable.

Both are profitable but barely enough for me to expand, for when I do… I go broke even if I get a loan, which adds more to the expenses.

Eventually, I end up going broke and starting over.

THE POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
After some research on Google, I came across a few random threads for OpenTT regarding player needing to have awareness their city/town demands, so that the city/town grows and gets you more money.

Examples:
Does it needs trains?
Does it needs airports?
Does it need oil?
Etc, etc.

here lies my issue, where would I find the demands of a city or town on iOS version of TT?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to find city demands (for iOS TT mobile game)

Post by orudge »

I've moved your topic into the TT (2013) forum. However, I don't know how many folk still play this game, and I don't expect you will get too many replies, unfortunately.

You might be better off posting in the General Locomotion forum, as the mobile Transport Tycoon is basically a port of Locomotion, and many of the gameplay mechanics are the same. That forum is a bit busier, too. :)
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

I did play that one but upon looking at my save game (from 2016!) I can remember also having significant trouble, almost certainly having more than one attempt. It’s a while ago, but in this one where I did succeed I seem to have started similarly with passengers/grain, then nearly gone bankrupt but just made it and transported oil followed by quite a few more passenger trains and then coal/iron ore. (These were all trains, I never really use trams/lorries so I’m not sure how they would fare.)

As far as I can remember the only way I did it was to expand extremely slowly and keep single track lines (with passing places) until I felt certain I could double some track without going bankrupt. It is a difficult one to get established in, it shouldn’t really be in ‘easy’. I hope some of this helps somewhat! :)
:)
game_tactics
Engineer
Engineer

Post by game_tactics »

Martin wrote: 24 Mar 2023 19:18 I did play that one but upon looking at my save game (from 2016!) I can remember also having significant trouble, almost certainly having more than one attempt. It’s a while ago, but in this one where I did succeed I seem to have started similarly with passengers/grain, then nearly gone bankrupt but just made it and transported oil followed by quite a few more passenger trains and then coal/iron ore. (These were all trains, I never really use trams/lorries so I’m not sure how they would fare.)

As far as I can remember the only way I did it was to expand extremely slowly and keep single track lines (with passing places) until I felt certain I could double some track without going bankrupt. It is a difficult one to get established in, it shouldn’t really be in ‘easy’. I hope some of this helps somewhat! :)
Thank you!

I’m guessing outside of trial and error, there is no other way via UI to see the city or town demands, because of this your detailed response helps immensely.
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

No problem, don’t hesitate to ask on here if you’ve got any other questions.

I should just say that I have played this version of Transport Tycoon on and off since 2015 but haven’t gone back to Desert Delirium too much because of the difficulty in getting established. However for a similar type (desert) I did go back to (beginner) Sandbox Settler and then realised the landscape/towns etc aren’t the same each time (the clue in the word sandbox had gone totally over my head!)
:)

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”