[NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track

Post by Limyx826 »

ufiby wrote: 10 Mar 2023 19:07 Yes, that's right, there was one electrified tram before the NRT. Another choice is a separate sprite icons non electrified and electrified does not exist
You will have to choose either from above or from below in this picture
Tramway_track.png
You're right. I checked the base UI again and perhaps I already used to the non-electric tram icons for many years, so the sudden electrical tram icon just threw me off. Nevertheless, I can work with the new icons.
I am Limyx826.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Aegir wrote: 11 Mar 2023 02:30
Hi Aegir!
I have removed one-way traffic signs (basic graphics), which, as usual, are drawn on all roads. To return as it was, with one-way traffic and with parameters is unlikely due to the fact that in the new version, one-way traffic is redefined on every road. Have you noticed? And not only that, but also draws sprites on the slopes. I don't think it's compatible with stopping on the road (JGRPP). Try asking fridaemon (road stop). Is it possible he succeeds.

Road stop testing:
Roadstop and Waypoint.png
Roadstop and Waypoint.png (29.21 KiB) Viewed 10381 times
So, get to know the new feature #14 (stop on the road). Thus, it turned out that it works perfectly and is combined with graphic sprites. In fact, I realized that it is not possible to use both the vanilla version and the JGRPP patch package version at the same time. So, you need to create NewGRF in two versions. I think it's a bad idea. And even in the vanilla game, waypoints are excluded. Why?
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Hi Ufiby,

Yes it seems at the moment with road stops that you must create two different GRF's with two different versions of NML, and last I checked regular OTTD NMLC wasn't updated yet for road stops.

I am told that the same NML can be used for both, but now JGRPP supports more than 255 road stops for each GRF that regular OTTD cannot support. And yes you are correct in that JGRPP also supports Waypoints which regular OTTD does not. The feature gap between OTTD and JGRPP seems to be growing, I find personally with my own projects that I can only find the time for JGRPP. I understand how this must frustrate you as well with so many users of your work!

I see with the one way road directions, I saw some of the discussion surrounding that feature being added, but I have not yet looked under the hood of it.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Larkas
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [NRT]Ufiby's Road, Tram, Trolleybus and Rail track (16.06.2020)

Post by Larkas »

Hey, ufiby, thanks for your work! I'm using U&RaTT: Mini and having a blast (the full version was too much for me, unfortunately). I have a suggestion, though.
ufiby wrote: 20 Feb 2021 20:49 It is not difficult, it is good to remember where the off-road vehicle will go. They drive almost everywhere, both on the road and in the city, and prohibit driving at a higher speed on roads and highways. So I removed the green truck icon. By the way, no one is interested in using off-road vehicles with support. But I'm not going to remove the OFFR label and leave it the same!
The icon in the menu with red colors seems a little irritated to me. Replaced the color with gray. Here is the result
And compare them
And added a hint in the parameter to make it easier to read without going to the site
menu_2.png
It would be nice to have this kind of information available on the Mini version of the NewGRF too! What do you think?
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

So, it turned out that the friction between vanilla and the version JGRPP is getting stronger. Thus, there is no need to create road stops in two versions due to lack of confidence. While I still have time, we'll see.
Larkas wrote: 15 Mar 2023 14:51
HI Larkas!
I also don't mind adding icons to the mini version of NewGRF!

P/S. By the way OpenTTD nightly (20230316) support with NRT broke. Why?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I don't think there's any friction at all between the two developments. JGRPP's development on road stops isn't radically different from the core game's development, and JGR painstakingly makes sure that anything in core OpenTTD is properly supported in JGRPP.

But, unless you want to be dedicating to supporting the bleeding edge development of JGRPP, there is no need to create two sets, just focus on vanilla OpenTTD and everybody will be happy. If the devs accept JGR's improvements to the spec, then everybody can transition then.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

As posted for RattRoads i'm having the same problem with U&Ratt

When using the latest nightlies, U&Ratt causes an error on map generation "Map generation aborted... ... No suitable town locations"

This happens even when the GRF is the only one loaded

CFG attached
Attachments
openttd.cfg
(75.26 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Here 10574
Seriphyn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seriphyn »

Hello!

Love the work. If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to have the tram rails as a separate standalone NewGRF? They're really good and would like to combine it with a different roadset that I am using :)

Thanks in advance either way!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

URatt 0.8 apparently has a broken compatibility with the Polroad set.
Early polish cars cannot drive on the road from Uratt, only on Polroad.
I would have reported this betrayal a long time ago, but I usually turn Polroad off.
If Polish roads are off, cars drive on URatt roads. Otherwise, they will "escape" to Polish.
This is the same issue as with Timberwolf vehicles.
I don't know if this also applies to version 0.7, but maybe it does.
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

U&RaTT: Mini has a serious problem.

Only road vehicles from SUV can run on Asphalt Road Class A.
Attachments
Only SUV.png
Only SUV can run on Asphalt road class A.
(118.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I've tried using the URatt mini with Quast's new subway lines, but I'm not satisfied. Apparently there is no road defined for the cities and if I start later, the cities are grade B asphalt with a limit of 90 kilometers.
Wouldn't it be possible to put parameters for deactivating some trams in the main version? Currently, both trolleybuses and trams are switched off, which does not suit me, I would like to be able to switch off only some trams and keep the trolleybuses.
Or vice versa, add to Uratt mini the option to choose the type of city road.
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

I've been using Ufiby's set of roadways + tramways and the rail tracks since between 2021 or 2022, because it's more variable as RattRoads, while for U&ReRMM are more choice than NuTracks or other rail track replacement. But did not problems for all/any NewGRF road vehicles/tramways compatibled by U&RaTT, while for U&ReRMM on its some train set don't match with it's rail types.

I got my suggestion for upcoming set : 'New Waterway Type' (NWT) (which said known as U&Canals) to replace standard canal & canal lock with new variations of canals & canal locks and 'New Aiport Variants' (known as U&Airports) which replacing standard airport both airport types and graphics with new airport graphics and types, the airport types such as Domestic Airport, Better Seaplane Airport to be placed on water than land (with new graphics), Military Air Strip, Helicopter Airport without hangars, Big Size Helipad and International Airport with new layout & graphic.

Thanks for my regards about suggestions of new set for Ufiby!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

And here he is again...
Wouldn't you rather finish your graphics first before you start giving advice to others? In addition, we have had waterways here for a long time.
JonSeverinsson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonSeverinsson »

I've got some question about the the electrified dual gauge railway.

First, it isn't showing up in my game. I don't have any electrified narrow gauge trains defined in my game (I'm only using Iron Horse 3 for trains), but I do have both electric standard gauge and non-electric narrow gauge trains, so could use it.
Is this intentional, or could you make it possible in a future version of U&ReRMM 2?

Secondly, from looking at the UReRMM2.nml on github it appears to only become available in 1960, which is kind of late. In Iron Horse 3 there is an electric train available by 1903, and in U&ReRMM 2 both the electrified standard gauge and electrified narrow gauge railways are getting speed upgrades by 1930, but the electrified dual gauge railway isn't available until 1960 and never gets a speed upgrade. How come?

Ideally I'd love if there were the same regular / Main / Modern versions of the electrified dual gauge railway as of the (electrified) narrow gauge railway, but even a single version available by 1900 would be a great improvement...
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

ufiby wrote: 02 Jan 2019 14:24 U&RaTT - Adds new graphical roads to use the features supported by NRT. This set includes a wide selection of roads: unpaved, asphalt and "decorative" roads. It is compatible with any climatic conditions and also the movement of vehicles: right-hand and left-hand. Tramway and trolleybus tracks are available if you have connected other tram and trolleybus sets.
Hi Ufiby and anyone that can help,

I have the issue that with the newest version ( 0.8 ), only the roads WITHOUT the white speed limits (so those in black letters or with none at all) in the road menu have vehicle stops compatible with the already existing towns. See menu (screenshot) for more clarity.

Plus in the same manner, the roads WITHOUT the white speed limits only have a compatible pavement style for already existing towns. Those with the white speed limits have another pavement style (see screenshot).

Can I do anything about this? Will this ever be addressed or am I doing something wrong maybe? I've looked through all my NewGRFs, but couldn't identify any that might be responsible for the issues described (see screenshot for my current NewGRF list).

Thanks very much for any help!
Attachments
Third
Third
NewGRF list.jpg (144.15 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
Pavement compatibility.jpg
Second
(336.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
First
First
Roads compatibility.jpg (135.7 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

MrRB wrote: 27 Jan 2024 20:07
Hi Ufiby and anyone that can help,

I have the issue that with the newest version ( 0.8 ), only the roads WITHOUT the white speed limits (so those in black letters or with none at all) in the road menu have vehicle stops compatible with the already existing towns. See menu (screenshot) for more clarity.

Plus in the same manner, the roads WITHOUT the white speed limits only have a compatible pavement style for already existing towns. Those with the white speed limits have another pavement style (see screenshot).

Can I do anything about this? Will this ever be addressed or am I doing something wrong maybe? I've looked through all my NewGRFs, but couldn't identify any that might be responsible for the issues described (see screenshot for my current NewGRF list).

Thanks very much for any help!
P.s. This is the error that I get with the first issue.
Attachments
No suitable road.jpg
No suitable road.jpg (7.8 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

You have a highway there twice, that means you probably forgot to turn off your own road at Polroad. This then creates various problems.
Roads with a different limit color are definitely Polroad ones. It happened to me too when I overlooked it once. Check the Polroad parameters and turn off their roads.
If you don't turn them off, you have to put up with the fact that you will always place a stop with Polroad only on the Polroad road and also at URatt.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Hi! It doesn't matter. I drew this style in my own way. You have to come to terms with the fact that in this case some NRT conflict with others that you connect to multiple newgrfs(NRT) at the same time
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

ufiby wrote: 29 Jan 2024 13:43
Hi! It doesn't matter. I drew this style in my own way. You have to come to terms with the fact that in this case some NRT conflict with others that you connect to multiple newgrfs(NRT) at the same time
Thanks Argus and I will come to terms with it, because I like the set :)

Thing is that I also used version 0.5 and that one was compatible and had no issues. Is there a way to change that back? Now it automatically uses the newest version ( 0.8 )

Return to “Graphics Releases”