JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Argus »

I've had this problem for a while now.
I'm going to build a station and want to add another one to it, fine. But at the stations, you can't see everything from the small preview. I build another section and I don't like it, so I want to tear it down, it asks and I tear down the whole station, not just the added part. But sometimes he doesn't do it and I just tear down a failed addition.
Can it be set somehow? What could it be?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

kamnet wrote: 11 Mar 2023 21:33 Just tried, didn't get any errors. It might have been a temporary server error. ... using an external image host should still work.
This is really hit and miss; a couple of hours ago, I tried to upload a few images, all worked, though I did not commit them. Then I tried one, that gave me a red box, saying' http error' over and over again. Then I tried Flickr, does not display images though, just says 'Image', which I have seen plenty of times in posts by others. Then, I gave it another try, this time it did work.

What free Image Hosting Services are available, that do work here ?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

OzTrans wrote: 12 Mar 2023 23:13 What free Image Hosting Services are available, that do work here ?
If its a fault with TT-F, i'd recommend using the suggestions feedback error. It might be an error on TT-F's side, that only orudge can resolve.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Redirect Left wrote: 12 Mar 2023 23:50 If its a fault with TT-F, i'd recommend using the suggestions feedback error. It might be an error on TT-F's side, that only orudge can resolve.
Apparently, the server disk was nearing its capacity ...

Let's try again ...

Road Stop - Menu Height

It works now, however, it does not really work for me :

I expected the menu bar to resize too. Due to not having the ability to display additional text, I cannot tell players important information, like you are in the incorrect road/tram construction toolbar, the stop is not yet / no longer available. There will be other symbols too.

Like this ... Light Rail Stations are only available for Light Rail tram type. May be the menu could be greyed out, if there are no available stops inside.

I still need a symbol for 'incorrect road/tram construction tool bar'. If anybody has any idea let me know, how it could look.

Something like callback 15C for Objects [Show additional text in build window] could help. Also, maybe we could display other sprites in the menu bar; e.g. different to the ones in the orientation panels (using act2 var 0x10 comes to mind).

There are going to be other symbols, like the one for way-points, this one indicates the way-point is fully aware of one-way road direction, traffic side, as well as they may display differently depending on road/tram type too.

Road Stop Menu 2A.png
Road Stop Menu 2A.png (178.64 KiB) Viewed 2101 times

Please note the display, when trams get involved. Trams will obey the light signals. All the above way-points have the same ID, what is laid on the ground counts.

Everything is still very much a work in progress ...

There are more items and issues for discussion, but enough for today ...
Attachments
Road Stop Menu 1A.png
(21.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by OzTrans on 13 Mar 2023 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
smurfix
Engineer
Engineer

Upwards Compatibility / Multiuser games

Post by smurfix »

Hello,

one problem with JGRPP is that there are so many releases. :D Seriously, when I want to play online i need to keep four or five JGRPP versions around – as well as mainline 12 and 13.

Any ideas about relaxing the version check so that e.g. a 0.51 client can talk to a 0.49 server?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Upwards Compatibility / Multiuser games

Post by Redirect Left »

smurfix wrote: 13 Mar 2023 16:29 Any ideas about relaxing the version check so that e.g. a 0.51 client can talk to a 0.49 server?
The version checks are there for a reason, and multiplayer will no doubt quickly desync, or worse, crash, if one client triggers something the server, or another client connected to the server, doesn't know exists, or works slightly differently.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Explicit/Implicit One-way Roads vs Way-points

Issue : When a way-point is placed onto a one way road tile, the one way road setting is cleared; i.e. it becomes a two-way road.

Can the one-way road setting (if any) be retained when a way-point or road stop is placed/removed.

Also, if a way-point is placed on an Implicit one-way road, that way-point needs then a one-way road setting applied explicitly.

Can another 2 bits be added to var 0x50, to be set, if a road tile is two-way, but road is a an implicit one-way road :

Code: Select all

Bits       Meaning

0 - 1      0 - Two-way traffic
           1 - West-bound only [explicit]
           2 - East-bound only [explicit]
           3 - No entry        [explicit]

2 - 3      0 - Two-way traffic
           1 - West-bound only [implicit]
           2 - East-bound only [implicit]
           3 - (n/a)

Thus, if bits 0-1 are zero, then on an implicit one-way road, bits 2-3 are then either 1 or 2; 0 if not an implicit road.
Attachments
Oneway Road vs Waypoints.png
Oneway Road vs Waypoints.png (13.26 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

Hi,

When I click and hold to move an item from newgrf list, the list doesn't go up (or down) automatically. I have to drop it, move menu up, select it again and so on. Same thing for groups.
Don't know if it was removed or just a minor bug, or is a setting (i didn't find one), but i have this issue.
Thanks
Last edited by ColdIce on 15 Mar 2023 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
The rest is confetti!
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Random feature request.

Is it possible for the zoning to highlight unserved buildings in specific to which cargo? I know OpenTTD doesn't really have concept of which stations do process each cargo, but maybe cargo waiting could be used or something.

It's just that when using the unserved building zoning to identify unserved houses, the freight stations mess with it. More so when I tried to set up truck stops to start delivering mail/valuables intra-city.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Drive-Through Stops ONLY

Drive-Through Stops ONLY.png
Drive-Through Stops ONLY.png (45.44 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

With 'Road-Stops' version 2 was the "Only allow drive-through stops (not bay stops)" introduced.

This implementation is shown on the left above. Prior to that, I had my own way of dealing with that, as shown on the right above.

Neither is a satisfactory solution.

Why not just use how tram stops are shown in the Build Menu ? No disabled/greyed out Drive-Ins.

Display height in Build Menu

1) Setting property 0x16 to '0' results in a display height of 48 px, the game default of '2'. It is not possible to set a display height of 32px.

2) If a menu item uses a value other than the default of '2', then switching to other menu items (with a default height) will display the increased height, only closing the menu; i.e. switching to another tool bar or from Bus to Freight to Bus will get it right.

Multi-Tile Road Stops

With the use of Single-File Multi-Tile Stations (same Stop-ID) ranging from 1-, 2-, 3- or more tiles, it is necessary to read 0x68 variable (up to 6 times) every time the stop is (re)displayed, i.e. every game tick.

An individual stop tile knows nothing about its neighbouring tiles !!

Can we have a few 0x40 variables to make this job much easier. Rail Station variables 0x40 .. 0x49 come to mind.

Variables 0x40 and 0x46 are good candidates as well as 0x41 for stop tiles with the same ID.
Attachments
Bus Interchange Stations A1.png
(267.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In the new version of the JGR Patchpack, my gamescript crashes...
Attachments
Green & Co., 17. dub 1992.png
(779.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 20 Mar 2023 21:11 In the new version of the JGR Patchpack, my gamescript crashes...
Upstream changed handling of texts in scripts to add validation.
I have a mitigation for this which will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Ok, thanks for info :)
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Many thanks for the update of road waypoints and stops vs road direction settings. Much appreciated.

Waypoints - Explicit vs Implicit.png
Waypoints - Explicit vs Implicit.png (46.29 KiB) Viewed 1332 times

Some very nice RV Stations are now possible, thanks to this terrific patch-pack feature ...

Coach+Tram Terminal 'Ottawa' [2x3] TE.png
Coach+Tram Terminal 'Ottawa' [2x3] TE.png (100.66 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Coach+Tram Terminal 'Ottawa' [2x3] SN.png
Coach+Tram Terminal 'Ottawa' [2x3] SN.png (96.27 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

8o :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

When can I expect the next release? I don't grow cities in practically any game with GS now, because the bigger ones fall on scripts - and I have most games with GS :cry:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Argus wrote: 23 Mar 2023 16:02 When can I expect the next release? I don't grow cities in practically any game with GS now, because the bigger ones fall on scripts - and I have most games with GS :cry:
v0.52.0 just dropped on Monday.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Yes, I know that, but therein lies the problem. I'll be using 51.1 for now
AdmiralEllis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdmiralEllis »

> 0.52.1 released

> Fix AI/GS scripts which use text strings.
Hooray!

> Trigger early servicing of trains when a template is added/edited which requires the train to be replaced/modified.
Hooray! Unless they go to the wrong depot...

> Engines in the depot are no longer used for replacement if there are any wagons or other engines attached.
Darn, sorta. It was already a little bit of work to decommission a train and prepare it for reuse. Now it's a little more. But if you're strapped for cash, the money savings is worth it. This is such a cool feature.

> Allow ships to carry more than one cargo.
At once? Like Transport Fever? Because that would be exactly what ships need, holy crap.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Another problem: Without any message, the setting whether the vehicles should drive on the left or the right does not respond.
Since it doesn't work even in vanilla version 13, it is probably some change in the behavior of this setting.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”