Kruemelchen's Cookie Jar

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Kruemelchen's Cookie Jar

Post by Argus »

Elephants are also used in some places.
And also missing some luxury carriages for the nobility and the rich.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Amphibious All Terrain Vehicle (AATV) Set 0.1.2
overview.png
overview.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 5431 times
So, it's time to release the next iteration of the AATV set!

What's new? Compatibility with many road types! :lol:
[+] Spoiler
Following road type sets are supported now:
Country Roads
WaterWayRoad
Unspooled
Docklands
RATT Roads
Auz Road Sets
JF Ratt Roads
U&RaTT
Timberwolfs Roads
Dutch Road Project
Q65Roads
Polroad
Auge's Basic Roads
Road Hog (provides HAUL road type)

I can't foresee when I'll continue adding vehicles. Planned are 40 to 50 vehicles, so it'll take some time, I suppose :lol:

Download here:
aatvset_0.1_prerelease3.grf
(226.74 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
(source can be found here)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Yes, very tasty :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I just noticed that the Horse Carts don't work on JFRatt roads. Because I added AATV and waterway, I didn't have country roads added to them the first time around...
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Horse carts have a problem even with URatt 0.7, when the city rebuilds the original old road into a city road, they don't drive on it.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'm having a problem loading SUV 0.5.1, AATV 0.1.2, Water Way Roads 0.4, U&Ratt Compatible Docklands 1.0.1 (fixes conflict w/ U&Ratt), and U&Ratt 0.8. With all of these loaded in this order, U&Ratt generates an error "Fatal: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 8577)". This results in all of U&Ratt's electrified tram tracks from displaying.

When I move AATV to below U&Ratt, U&Ratt generates error of invalid ID sprite 8803, all tracks but ISR tram show, and AATV generates error "Fatal: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 20)", resulting in no AARV vehicles.

With SUV removed and AATV before the roads, U&Ratt reports invalid ID sprite 8786, and all tracks but ISR tram and ISR electric tram are showing. Moving AATV after U&Ratt, AATV generates error invalid ID sprite 30, no vehicles, but all tracks showing.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

It worked together for me in the new game, but without Dockland, true. Apparently there are too many roads again...
I suspect SUVs and AATVs have some hidden road types that count as well. For example, updating an SUV or adding it to a game where there was no SUV before has an effect on the types of roads.
I know, the graphics don't fundamentally change, but just adding a set of vehicles will never do it for me. And basically I only do this if I don't have SUVs in the game yet.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

So now I found out something really weird.
I recently reported an issue with timberwolf cars...
But: I start the game with Uratt, Waterway and timberwolf, everything is on roads except what is supposed to be on water.
I exit the game, add the SUV, start a new one and timberwolf vehicles hop:
That means the SUV is doing something weird. When starting with only Waterway, there were really only Waterway boats in the list, you can try...

The problem has been there since at least SUV 4, I was wondering why it suddenly started happening to me when Timberwolf has made almost no changes now. I just didn't relate it to SUVs...
Attachments
Quigley & Co., 14. led 1910.png
(131.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Google threw a pitchfork at me again. So the last sentence should have been I didn't suspect an SUV, :lol:
sorry
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

This is a purely Timberwolf vehicles, URatt and Waterway game.
Aatv will not cause this problem, only SUV's.
It's not possible for the graphics to beat each other like this in a pure game, something is wrong with the SUV.
But the problem will not be purely with SUVs, now I found out that in the subarctic climate timberwolf vehicles will "escape" into the Waterway even without an SUV....
On screen two situation without SUV in a subarctic, on screen one in a subtropic climate.
My guess is that the SUV will cause a change in the Waterway that will cause the Waterway to behave like in a subarctic climate.
Attachments
Dredingham Transport, 14. led 1910.png
(702.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sindhattan Transport, 23. led 1910.png
(765.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Even Timberwolf vehicles will still have a bug.
Waterway lets all vehicles from other sets onto the ice.
But if there is no ice, the other vehicles in the Waterway are not even in the case of a ford. With the exception of SUVs and... yes, parts of Timberwolf's cars.
So the SUV will cause a change in the behavior of the Waterway. But it does not correctly touch the last vehicles - tested with CS bus set and Polroad. However, a bug in Timberwolf vehicles will cause them to only move onto ice or water, but this may not apply to launching with Timberwolf roads.
If I use Timberwolf's roads, his vehicles only drive on them. A compatibility issue that caused this strange phenomenon.
If anyone has contact with him, please report it, because apparently he is no longer here at all. I already reported it in his topic.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Thank you for reporting this :)
I'll fix that issue in the next release of WaterWay!
Argus wrote: 04 Mar 2023 13:25 Even Timberwolf vehicles will still have a bug.
If you load my SUV set together with my Waterway-Set, ONLY off-road vehicles (read: my SUVs) can run on ice.
However, if you DON'T LOAD my SUV set, then all ROAD vehicles can run on ice.

I created this mechanism to ensure that ALWAYS some of the vehicles, you have in a game, can run on ice.
I am sorry, if this lead to confusions... :oops: I have mentioned this mechanism in the readme.txt and thought this was sufficient. :oops:
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

kamnet wrote: 04 Mar 2023 05:31 I'm having a problem loading SUV 0.5.1, AATV 0.1.2, Water Way Roads 0.4, U&Ratt Compatible Docklands 1.0.1 (fixes conflict w/ U&Ratt), and U&Ratt 0.8. With all of these loaded in this order, U&Ratt generates an error "Fatal: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 8577)". This results in all of U&Ratt's electrified tram tracks from displaying.

When I move AATV to below U&Ratt, U&Ratt generates error of invalid ID sprite 8803, all tracks but ISR tram show, and AATV generates error "Fatal: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 20)", resulting in no AARV vehicles.

With SUV removed and AATV before the roads, U&Ratt reports invalid ID sprite 8786, and all tracks but ISR tram and ISR electric tram are showing. Moving AATV after U&Ratt, AATV generates error invalid ID sprite 30, no vehicles, but all tracks showing.
This means, too many road types.
SUV uses 4 and AATV 5 hidden roadtypes. This situation will improve in future updates. Please be patient until I've finished the updates :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Kruemelchen wrote: 04 Mar 2023 14:45 Thank you for reporting this :)
I'll fix that issue in the next release of WaterWay!
Argus wrote: 04 Mar 2023 13:25 Even Timberwolf vehicles will still have a bug.
If you load my SUV set together with my Waterway-Set, ONLY off-road vehicles (read: my SUVs) can run on ice.
However, if you DON'T LOAD my SUV set, then all ROAD vehicles can run on ice.

I created this mechanism to ensure that ALWAYS some of the vehicles, you have in a game, can run on ice.
I am sorry, if this lead to confusions... :oops: I have mentioned this mechanism in the readme.txt and thought this was sufficient. :oops:
I'm afraid very few players read the readme :D :oops:

Yes, you are describing how it should behave correctly.
Unfortunately, for some reason and Timberwolf's broken compatibility, it behaves as I described with no effect on other vehicles.
I ignore the behavior during the SUV update, because it is actually caused by the same thing, in addition, I do not report errors caused by changing the graphics. I'm the only one to blame for the mistakes caused by the changes :D but at least I learned something thanks to it. :oops: :lol:
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Kruemelchen wrote: 04 Mar 2023 14:49 This situation will improve in future updates. Please be patient until I've finished the updates :)
Hi Kruemelchen,

Horse Carts is a great set, widening the variety of road vehicles in the pre-industrial era. However, could you please make the Horse Carts Road Vehicle Set compatible with JF Ratt Roads?

Regards,
John Franklin
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 11 Mar 2023 08:03 However, could you please make the Horse Carts Road Vehicle Set compatible with JF Ratt Roads?
At the moment, untill there is some standardization of vehicle labels, you can also do that from within your own GRF by using Hidden Roadtypes.
This can be done by Kruemelchen from within his GRF of from within yours, it doesnt matter, its the same process, so its faster (and doesnt require an update from Kruemelchen) if you do it in your own GRF.
It does take up some of the 64 available road/tram-type slots though... Hence hoping for a quick standardization of vehicle labels...

Here an example of the code you can use:

Code: Select all

//======Horses======

item(FEAT_ROADTYPES, item_horse01, 62) {
	property {
		label:                       "HRSE";
		powered_roadtype_list:       ["HRSE", "QR00", "QR01", "QR25"];
}
}

//======Horse & Carriage======

item(FEAT_ROADTYPES, item_horse02, 61) {
	property {
		label:                       "HRSC";
		powered_roadtype_list:       ["HRSC", "QR00", "QR01", "QR25"];
}
}
QR00 - QR25 are then replaced by your own roadlables where you want horsies on ;-)
Dont forget to put HRSE and HRSC in your Roadtype Table
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Sorry, I had it sit on my computer, but forgot to upload it due to busy life :oops:

Update: Horse Carts 1.0.2 (also on Bananas)

What's new? Support for JFRoads and Q65Roads

Download:
horsecarts_1_0_2.grf
(556.77 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
(Source Code available here)
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

WaterWayRoad 0.4

Post by Kruemelchen »

It's time for an update :)

Water Way Road 0.4

What's new?

Towed boats!
With these, you can transport massive amounts of cargo over canals. As refit option, you have various means of tow support available, ranging from humans (available since year 0) up to electric rail (from the 1940s). With the support of these*, boats can travel with enhanced power and speed on Tow Ways! ;)
* selectable for every vehicle separately

According to that feature, a new Road Type is available: Tow Way

Here a picture :)
towboats.png
towboats.png (19.65 KiB) Viewed 4017 times

But not only that. This release also features other new Road Types:
Broad Fairway (water or frozen surface) - this is meant to be placed inside lakes (or sea, albeit water graphics remain as lake water)
Swamp Fairway - this is meant to be placed along GarryG's swamp lakes (only available if AUZ WATER OBJECTS is loaded!)

Download:
waterway_0_4.grf
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
Source:
waterway_0_4_source.7z
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

So Burlac to work :D