Original TTD Graphics

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

joaozinhoplbr
Engineer
Engineer

Original TTD Graphics

Post by joaozinhoplbr »

Hello tycoons!

Well I'm looking for the original graphics from the ttd and I'm not thinking. Did you have that, can I move the graphic to put on OpenTTD :o ?
:]
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Original TTD Graphics

Post by Redirect Left »

If you have the original TTD disc or can otherwise acquire one, you can copy the original graphics over. OpenTTD itself cannot redistribute the original files due to copyright issues.

I am unsure if you can import the files after already installing the game, I know at time of installation it gives the option though, you may simply need to redo the installation process (this won't lose any data or saves).
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
joaozinhoplbr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by joaozinhoplbr »

Redirect Left wrote:If you have the original TTD disc or can otherwise acquire one, you can copy the original graphics over. OpenTTD itself cannot redistribute the original files due to copyright issues.

I am unsure if you can import the files after already installing the game, I know at time of installation it gives the option though, you may simply need to redo the installation process (this won't lose any data or saves).
Yes, but I wanted to install the old opengfx of OpenTTD, as the OpenTTD website updated opengfx and not of the choice to download the version you want.
:]
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The base set is continually updated, as it adds graphics required for new features. Using old base sets may leave you with some corrupted graphics. This is potentially why they don't leave the old ones lying around.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

You can find older releases of OpenGFX here. This is if you're talking about OpenTTD's own graphics set and not the classic one that comes with Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

However, downgrading your OpenGFX bundle will definitely cause problems with missing or incorrect graphics since it'll be outdated, so do it at your own risk. If you run into trouble, you can find the most recent bundles again here.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

you can find all older releases of OpenGFX at http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/releases/
However... it's not like much changed. And newer OpenTTD versions require a newer OpenGFX as the older ones lack graphics required by newer OpenTTD versions.
EinMenschausChemnitz
Engineer
Engineer

How can I get the original_dos graphics without a original disk?

Post by EinMenschausChemnitz »

Hello,
my question is basically already above, but is there a possibility or do I have to buy such a CD for about 10€?
With kind regards
A Human from Chemnitz (EinMenschausChemnitz)

So und jetzt nochmal auf deutsch:

Hi,
also meine Frage steht da ja an sich schon oben, aber ist da eine Möglichkeit an ie alten Grafiken heran zu kommen oder muss ich mir für ca. 10€ so eine CD auf E Bay laufen?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
EinMenschausChemnitz
kamnet

Re: How can I get the original_dos graphics without a original disk?

Post by kamnet »

EinMenschausChemnitz wrote: 05 Mar 2023 21:31 my question is basically already above, but is there a possibility or do I have to buy such a CD for about 10€?
The original graphics are copyrighted and not free for distribution. You can find them, but it would be stealing. Any of the CDs you find out there are also likely to be pirated copies, but this may be the easier option because at least you can try to determine if it is legitimate.

Return to “General OpenTTD”